XtremSW Cache Performance. Intelligence. Protection.
Supercharged Application Performance
XtremSW Cache accelerates block I/O reads for those applications that require the highest IOPS and the lowest response time. The software caches the most frequently referenced data in the server on XtremSF, shrinking storage access time while offloading the I/O processing from the storage array. By sitting in the server, XtremSW Cache bypasses the overhead of network storage access, reducing response time from milliseconds to microseconds.
XtremSW Cache extends FAST into the server, adding another tier of intelligence and performance to the I/O stack. When coupled with FAST, XtremSW Cache creates the most efficient and intelligent I/O path from the application to the data store. With both technologies, EMC provides an end-to-end tiering solution to optimize application capacity and performance from the server to the storage.
While accelerating performance, XtremSW Cache simultaneously delivers enterprise-class protection of mission-critical application data. XtremSW Cache leverages a write-through algorithm which ensures that newly written data persists to the networked storage array for high availability, integrity, reliability, and disaster recovery.
Symmetrix VMAX Family
Make high-end networked storage part of your information infrastructure with systems that take performance, availability, and security to new heights.
Get affordable, high-performance unified storage with innovative storage software to realize efficient solutions that are optimized for virtual applications.
Dramatically improve application performance with EMC XtremSF—PCIe flash deployed in the server as a local data storage device.
DemartekEMC VFCache Flash Caching Solution Evaluation
- Analyst Report: Enterprise Stragegy Group - EMC's Flash Strategy
Data and Spec Sheets
- Solution Overview - Accelerating Application Performance
- Solution Overview: Data Centers Improve Performance Using EMC XtremSW Cache with Emulex HBAs
- Solution Overview: Emulex 16Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter and EMC XtremSF with XtremSW Cache
- Demartek: EMC VFCache Flash Caching Solution Evaluation
- Automated vMotion in EMC VFCache 1.5
- Executive Video: EMC Talks Flash
- Flash Technology with EMC
- White Paper: Introduction to EMC XtremSW Cache
- White Paper: EMC VFCache Accelerates Oracle - EMC VFCache, EMC VNX, EMC FAST Suite, Oracle Database 11g
- EMC VFCache Accelerates Oracle - EMC VFCache, EMC Symmetrix VMAX and VMAX 10K, Oracle Database 11g
- White paper: EMC VFCache Accelerates Microsoft SQL Server - EMC VFCache, EMC VNX, Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- White Paper: EMC VFCache Accelerates Virtualized Oracle - EMC VFCache, EMC Symmetrix VMAX, EMC FAST Suite, VMware vSphere, Oracle Database 11g
- EMC Infrastructure for High Performance Microsoft and Oracle Database Systems: EMC Symmetrix VMAX 40K, EMC VFCache, NEC Express5800/A1080a-E, and VMware vSphere 5