EMC VPLEX Continuous Operations.Mobility. Availability. Dissolve Distance.
- Learn More and Compare
- Related Offerings
- Customer Profiles
- News & Blogs
A personalized view to comprehensive content for specific products and solutions
Scale-Out Cluster Architecture
Learn More and Compare
Explore product options and get a quote
EMC VPLEX delivers data mobility and availability across arrays and sites. VPLEX is a unique virtual storage technology that enables mission critical applications to remain up and running during any of a variety of planned and unplanned downtime scenarios. VPLEX permits painless, nondisruptive data movement, taking technologies like VMware and other clusters that were built assuming a single storage instance and enabling them to function across arrays and across distance.
VPLEX key use cases comprise:
- Continuous operations – VPLEX enables active/active data centers with zero downtime
- Migration/tech refresh – VPLEX provides accelerated and nondisruptive migrations and technology refresh
- Oracle RAC functionality – VPLEX extends Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and other clusters over distance
- VMware functionality – VPLEX extends VMware functionality across distance while enhancing availability
- MetroPoint Topology – VPLEX with EMC RecoverPoint delivers a 3-site continuous protection and operational recovery solution
The EMC VPLEX family includes two models:
EMC VPLEX LocalAchieve continuous operations and high availability across multiple, heterogeneous storage arrays within a data center.
EMC VPLEX MetroEnable information to be shared, accessed, and moved within, across, and between data centers, over synchronous distances.
EMC RecoverPoint Family
Ensure operational and disaster recovery using local/remote data replication with continuous data protection for recovery to any point.
Gain fully automated storage services to help realize the full potential of the software-defined data center.
EMC ViPR SRM
Optimize storage resources to achieve application service level and cost objectives with the EMC ViPR SRM.
Oracle Continuous Availability Solutions
Optimize the performance and availability of Oracle databases, applications, and data centers with EMC solutions to maximize return on investment.
Solutions for SAP
Unlock the value of your SAP landscape with EMC
VCE VBlock Data Protection Solutions
Accelerate the journey to private cloud with integrated platforms incorporating best-in-class technologies from VCE.
Solutions for VMware
Accelerate IT transformation with EMC solutions for VMware.
VSPEX Proven Infrastructure
Speed deployment of virtualized infrastructure, increase choice, drive efficiency, reduce complexity, and lower risk.
- EMC AppSync Learning Path
Find out how AppSync courses benefit storage, application, and database administrators who are involved in installing, configuring, and managing AppSync.
- EMC Atmos Learning Path
Learn to configure, monitor, and manage Atmos tenants, policies, access protocols, data protection options, security, and performance for deploying and managing cloud storage environments.
- EMC RecoverPoint Learning Path
Learn how to configure RecoverPoint's continuous data protection (CDP) and continuous remote replication (CRR) capabilities in multivendor, multisite storage area network (SAN) environments.
- EMC ViPR Learning Path
Learn to configure and manage the base ViPR product to deliver fully automated storage services and realize the full potential of the software-defined data center.
- EMC VNX Solutions Training
Find out how to manage high-performing, unified storage maximized for virtual applications with VNX solutions training for new levels of performance, protection, compliance, and ease of management.
ESGEMC VPLEX Metro and VMware ESX: Lab Validation Report
IDCContinuous Operations for Applications with Multiple Storage Array Access
- EMC VPLEX and Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering Offer a Total Solution to Reduce Downtime
- EMC VPLEX and Oracle RAC Provide True Disaster Avoidance Solution
- EMC VPLEX and VMware Offer a Total Solution to Reduce Downtime
News & Blogs
- EMC Pulse Blog: VMAX, VPLEX, and RecoverPoint—Driving More Trust for Mission-Critical Data Centers
- EMC Pulse Blog: Keeping the Lights on for the Microsoft Productivity
- EMC Core blog: Is Your Data Center Ready for a Natural Disaster
- Community blog: New features in VPLEX GeoSynchrony 5.5
- Community blog: VPLEX’s Availability and Data Services Strategy – Part I
- Community blog: VPLEX’s Availability and Data Services Strategy – Part II