VPLEX Continuous Operations.Mobility. Availability. Dissolve Distance.
Deploy next-generation virtualization architecture to enable simultaneous information access within, between, and across data centers.
Move applications, virtual machines, and data in and between data centers without impacting users.
Deliver application and data availability within the data center and over distance with full infrastructure utilization and zero downtime.
Stretch VMware, Oracle RAC and other industry leading clusters over distance for new levels of availability.
Nondisruptive data migrations that enable risk-free, faster tech refreshes and load balancing.
Scale-Out Cluster Architecture
Start small and grow with predictable service levels on a foundation of scalable, highly available processor engines.
Explore & Compare
Explore product options and get a quote
Add items to your product list
Select optional capacity, software, and services
REQUEST A QUOTE
Get a price quote from EMC or an EMC Partner
EMC VPLEX delivers data mobility and availability across arrays and sites. VPLEX is a unique virtual storage technology that enables mission critical applications to remain up and running during any of a variety of planned and unplanned downtime scenarios. VPLEX permits painless, nondisruptive data movement, taking technologies like VMware and other clusters that were built assuming a single storage instance and enabling them to function across arrays and across distance.
VPLEX key use cases comprise:
- Continuous operations – VPLEX enables active/active data centers with zero downtime
- Migration/tech refresh – VPLEX provides accelerated and nondisruptive migrations and technology refresh
- VMware functionality – VPLEX extends VMware functionality across distance while enhancing availability
- Oracle RAC functionality – VPLEX extends Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and other clusters over distance
The EMC VPLEX family includes four models:
EMC VPLEX LocalAchieve continuous operations and high availability across multiple heterogeneous storage arrays within a data center.
EMC VPLEX MetroEnable information to be shared, accessed, and moved within, across, and between data centers, over synchronous distances.
EMC VPLEX Metro Express EditionAchieve continuous operations by enabling information to be accessed across active-active data centers over synchronous distances.
EMC VPLEX GeoEnable information to be shared, accessed, and moved within, across, and between data centers, over asynchronous distances.
Get continuous data protection with multiple recovery points to restore applications instantly to a specific point in time.
Symmetrix VMAX Family
Make high-end networked storage part of your information infrastructure with systems that take performance, availability, and security to new heights.
Get affordable, high-performance unified storage with innovative storage software to realize efficient solutions that are optimized for virtual applications.
VSPEX Proven Infrastructure with VPLEX delivers continuous availability for applications and non-disruptive data mobility.
Watch Dow Corning Director of Global IT Infrastructure Mike O’Keefe discuss how this leading global silicones supplier uses EMC VPLEX to deliver continuous availability for their Oracle RAC, SAP and VMware environments.
Mediaprint Achieves High Availability for Virtualized SAP Environment
Partena Achieves Significant Cost Savings, Eliminates Infrastructure Downtime and Boosts the Performance of its Microsoft SQL and Oracle Databases with EMC VNX and VPLEX.
ESGEMC VPLEX Metro and VMware ESX: Lab Validation Report
IDCContinuous Operations for Applications with Multiple Storage Array Access
- EMC VPLEX and Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering Offer a Total Solution to Reduce Downtime
- EMC VPLEX and Oracle RAC Provide True Disaster Avoidance Solution
- EMC VPLEX Metro Provides Extended Distance for Symantec High Availability Solutions
- EMC VPLEX and IBM PowerHA SystemMirror Provide AIX Solution
- EMC VPLEX and VMware Offer a Total Solution to Reduce Downtime
- EMC VPLEX Metro and SUSE High Availability Extension Provide an Extra Safety Solution
- EMC VPLEX Metro and HP ServiceGuard Provide a High-Availability Solution for HP-UX
- Dow Corning Trusts VPLEX for Continuous Availability
- AOL on EMC VPLEX
- Caspur on VPLEX
- Demo: Continuous Operations for Oracle RAC with EMC VPLEX
- Dissolving Distance: EMC VPLEX for Oracle RAC
- Dissolving Distance: EMC VPLEX for VMware
- IDC Roundtable Discussion: Continuous Operations in the Midtier with EMC VPLEX and EMC VNX: Part 1
- IDC Roundtable Discussion: Continuous Operations in the Midtier with EMC VPLEX and EMC VNX: Part 2
- Product Demo: vMotion Over Distance with EMC VPLEX
- Continuous Operations for VMware with EMC VPLEX
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Extended Distance Clusters with EMC VPLEX Metro: Best Practices Planning
- VMotion over Distance for Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP: Architectural Overview
- Workload Resiliency with EMC VPLEX: Best Practices Planning
- Using VMware vSphere with EMC VPLEX: Best Practices Planning
- Trusted Workload Migration with EMC, RSA, Intel, and HyTrust
Apr 30, 2013World’s Most Trusted Storage Delivers More Data Protection to Mission-Critical Data Centers
Sep 27, 2011EMC VPLEX Brings Life to Northern Hospita' Private Cloud
Oct 19, 2011Joint Integration of EMC VPLEX and VMware vSphere® Delivers Higher Levels of Availability and Workload Mobility
May 17, 2012EMC VPLEX and Oracle Real Application Clusters Simplify High Availability Deployments Over Distance—Up to 100 Kilometers
May 21, 2012EMC VPLEX Sets New Standard for Hybrid Cloud
Learning & Events
TRAININGVPLEX Learning Path