EMC VPLEX Metro
EMC VPLEX Metro delivers data mobility and availability across sites. VPLEX is a unique virtual storage technology that enables mission critical applications to remain up and running during any of a variety of planned and unplanned downtime scenarios. VPLEX permits painless, nondisruptive data movement, taking technologies like VMware and other clusters that were built assuming a single storage instance and enabling them to function across synchronous distance.
Customers can achieve continuous operations, high availability, and transparent mobility, both locally and over distance, through VPLEX's simultaneous access to storage systems at geographically separate sites.
Designed for 100 percent continuous operations, VPLEX Metro allows you to:
- Take advantage of federated access-anywhere technology that creates a high-availability infrastructure across two arrays or geographically disperse data centers, with unmatched resiliency and active-active data access, eliminating planned and unplanned downtime
- Gain dynamic data mobility, the ability to move applications and data in real time, with no outage required
- Meet strict service level agreements (SLAs) that are at or approaching zero recovery point objective (RPO) and zero recovery time objective (RTO)
- Use EMC RecoverPoint with native-splitter technology for VPLEX Metro, combining the benefits of high availability and disaster recovery in the same deployment
- Manage heterogeneous block storage from a single interface with EMC Unisphere for VPLEX, which uses the same graphical user interface (GUI) framework as EMC VNX and EMC VMAX platforms, providing a way to simplify, normalize, and consolidate EMC management tools
- Create a new approach to ensuring the availability of your applications and data with EMC Continuous Availability Advisory Services, eliminating downtime and reducing operating expense
VPLEX Key Use Cases:
- Continuous Operations – VPLEX enables active/active data centers with zero downtime
- Migration/tech refresh – VPLEX provides accelerated and nondisruptive migrations and technology refresh
- VMware functionality – VPLEX extends VMware functionality across distance while enhancing availability
- Oracle RAC functionality – Extend ORACLE Real Application Clusters (RAC) and other clusters over distance