RSA BSAFE TLS-J Micro Edition
RSA BSAFE TLS-JME is a cryptographic security toolkit designed specifically for Java platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) developers. It provides memory-efficient implementations of established, state-of-the-art cryptographic algorithms for resource-constrained devices.
BSAFE TLS Java Micro Edition supports the connected device configuration (CDC) and connected limited device configuration (CLDC) frameworks. Customers can choose between using the Java cryptography extension (JCE) provider or the proprietary BSAFE application programming interface (API).
BSAFE TLS-J Micro Edition features include:
- FIPS replacement and validation – Gain drop-in federal information processing standard (FIPS) 140-2 replacement for SUN JCE for CDC only. Validate with FIPS 140, security level 1 for CDC only.
- NSA Suite B cryptography compliance – Use National Security Agency (NSA) Suite B cryptographic algorithms and Suite B certificate path validation.
- Cryptographic message syntax – Comply with Public Key Cryptography Standard (PKCS) number 7 and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) cryptographic message syntax (CMS) standards.
- Digital certificate – Support requesting, creating, and parsing X.509 digital certificates.
- Transport layer security – Gain support for transport layer security (TLS) version 1.2 and associated standards for CLDC only.