RSA BSAFE for C/C++ Development Micro Edition
RSA BSAFE for C/C++ Development Micro Edition combines core security functionality including cryptography, digital certificate-based authentication and nonrepudiation, and secure transport over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and transport layer security (TLS) to enable you to meet security requirements without sacrificing performance, effectiveness, or flexibility.
This software is designed to offer flexibility and choice by providing the core security functionality needed while allowing users to constrain features to meet specific resource requirements. With the pervasive interoperability offered through open standard support, developers gain the advantage of using a secure foundation.
BSAFE for C/C++ Micro Edition features include:
- FIPS validation – Gain federal information processing standard (FIPS) 140 security level 1 overall with security level 2 for roles, services, and authentication, and security level 3 for design assurance.
- NSA Suite B cryptography compliance – Use National Security Agency (NSA) Suite B cryptographic algorithms, Suite B certificate path validation, and Suite B TLS.
- Cryptographic message syntax – Comply with Public Key Cryptography Standard (PKCS) number 7 and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) cryptographic message syntax (CMS) standards.
- Digital certificate – Support requesting, creating, and parsing X.509 digital certificates.
- Transport layer security – Gain support for transport layer security (TLS) version 1.2 and associated standards.
- Platform portability – Use specialized interfaces for input/output (I/O), time-handling, memory management, and threading ease porting to customized application platforms.
- OpenSSL API compatibility – Employ RSA Share Adapter for an OpenSSL-compatible application programming interface (API), enabling applications that have previously used OpenSSL to use BSAFE Micro Edition for FIPS 140-validated cryptography.