High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions for SAP
- Large SAP ERP enterprises
- Small/mid-size SAP ERP companies
- SAP upgrades or new deployments
- Maximize availability of SAP information and applications
- Improve business continuity and increase IT productivity
- Reduce the risk of business disruption
Maximized SAP Availability
Protected SAP Applications
Reduced Business Risk
Global enterprises demand always-on application and information availability to remain competitive. EMC offers a business continuity and high availability strategy for mission-critical applications such as SAP ERP.
Recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs) are key metrics when planning a mission critical business continuity strategy. The answer two fundamental questions that businesses pose when they consider the potential impact of a disaster or failure.
- How much data can we afford to lose (RPO)?
- How fast do we need the system or application to recover (RTO)?
- Minimizing RPO and RTO
- Eliminating single points of failure(SPOFs) - technology, people, processes
- Maximizing resource utilization
- Reducing infrastructure costs
- Managing the complexity of integrating, maintaining, and testing multiple point solutions
SolutionThis solution introduces an EMC solution that addresses all these challenges for SAP ERP applications with an Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC) 11g database layer. The solution demonstrates an innovative active/active deployment model for data centers up to 100 km apart.
This transforms the traditional active/passive disaster recovery (DR) model to a highly available business continuity solution, with 24/7 application availability, no single points of failure, and near-zero RTOs and RPOs.
Get continuous data protection with multiple recovery points to restore applications instantly to a specific point in time.
Simplify the management of the replication process—local or remote—and ensure integration with your SAP applications.
Symmetrix VMAX 20K
Gain higher levels of performance, scale, automation, and availability for hybrid cloud environments.
Get affordable, high-performance unified storage with innovative storage software to realize efficient solutions that are optimized for virtual applications.
Deploy next-generation architecture to enable simultaneous information access within, between, and across data centers.
Maximize return on investment for critical business applications and processes.
SAP Archiving, Migration, and Consolidation
Manage your SAP data growth, minimize costs, and ensure compliance.
SAP Infrastructure Services
Align your information infrastructure with your SAP application landscapes for optimal protection, performance, and availability.
Through close collaboration, EMC and SAP solve your greatest challenges and help you to reduce risk and infrastructure costs, meet service-level agreements (SLAs), and improve flexibility, agility, and end user experience so you can run SAP better.
The Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) coalition is a collaborative effort between Cisco, EMC, and VMware to deliver a complete IT infrastructure that integrates best-in-class virtualization, networking, compute, storage, security, and management technologies. VCE’s Vblock infrastructure platforms simplify and accelerate SAP deployments, using a single, preconfigured platform from Cisco, EMC, and VMware’s best-in-class technologies. Boost efficiency, meet service level agreements (SLAs), automate, and simplify IT operations today.
- EMC End-to-End Intelligent Cloning for SAP Enabled by EMC Replication Manager and Cisco Tidal Intelligent Automation for SAP: A Detailed Review
- White Paper: Simplifying SAP Disaster Recovery Across Distributed Environments Enabled by EMC VPLEX Geo
- White paper: Long-Distance Application Mobility Enabled by EMC VPLEX Geo
- White Paper: VMotion Over Distance for Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP
- White Paper: EMC Mission Critical Business Continuity SAP with VPLEX and VMAX 10K
CommunityEMC Community Network for Everything SAP
News & Blogs
Learning & Events
Recorded WebcastOptimizing SAP on Cloud Infrastructure: Talk to the Experts from SAP, VMware, and EMC
Recorded WebcastTop Five Reasons for Virtualizing SAP with EMC and VMware
Recorded WebcastTop Five Reasons Customers Choose EMC and VMware to Virtualize SAP