Data Management Solutions for Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint Collaboration
- Businesses of all sizes
- On-premises deployment
- All types of cloud deployments
- Lower risk via proven infrastructure solutions
- Accelerate performance through storage and IT efficiencies
- Increase scalability, provide easy management and easier data protection
EMC’s data management solutions maximize your investment in Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint systems, providing a tailored data management and storage infrastructure that drives out cost, reduces risk, and provides continuous access to your data.
Mitigate service interruptions for Exchange and SharePoint while increasing hardware utilization rates by deploying active-active near continuous availability solutions from EMC.
Optimized data management for Microsoft Exchange Server and SharePoint Server
EMC can optimize data management of your Exchange and SharePoint environments through the implementation of a converged infrastructure, providing virtualization, networking, storage, and backup/recovery in one integrated solution.
The converged infrastructure can be used to automate the deployment of hosts and simplify the addition of storage, leading to significantly reduced operational costs. EMC’s converged infrastructure maximizes utilization by providing a platform to consolidate and virtualize Exchange, SharePoint, and other data workloads. This solution allows IT organizations to respond more quickly and efficiently to the ever increasing demands for data and the need to innovate faster.
EMC’s Converged Infrastructure Framework
The following EMC technologies can be used to create a converged infrastructure for Exchange and SharePoint:
- EMC VNX Series Storage Arrays -- bring scale, data protection, and performance to Exchange and SharePoint workloads
- EMC VMAX Enterprise Storage -- trusted, powerful, and unbeatable uptime, family of storage products
- EMC ViPR -- software-defined storage controller for policy-driven management and control of multiple storage devices, data protection, and applicatin data management
- EMC Storage Integrator for Windows -- accelerate Exchange and SharePoint storage provisioning with EMC's no-cost storage management suite
- Proven Solution: EMC VNX5400 Unified Storage 20,000 Users Virtualized Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for Virtualized Exchange 2013
- EMC VNX Unified Storage for Microsoft SharePoint
- EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint BLOB Storage Solution with Metalogix and EMC Isilon Scale-Out NAS
- Design and Implementation Guide: EMC Backup and Recovery Options for VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Design and Implementation Guide: EMC Backup and Recovery Options for VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Design Guide: EMC VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Implementation Guide: EMC VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2013 with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Implementation Guide: EMC VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2013 with VMware vSphere
- Accelerating Microsoft Exchange 2010 Performance with EMC XtremCache
- EMC Management Integration for Microsoft Private Cloud - EMC Symmetrix VMAX, EMC VNX, EMC Storage Integrator (ESI) for Windows Suite, Microsoft System Center 2012
- EMC Symmetrix VMAX Performance Review for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Lync Server 2013 Enhanced by EMC VNX with SMB 3.0 - EMC VNX, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Best Practices and Design Guidelines for EMC Storage
- Top Reasons Why Customers Deploy Microsoft SharePoint on EMC VNX Unified Storage
- Top Reasons to Choose EMC Isilon and Metalogix for SharePoint BLOB Data Storage
Data protection and availability for Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint
EMC’s Data Protection and Availability solutions will ensure that your data is available when you need it, even in the event of a catastrophic system failure. Exchange and SharePoint have become mission critical applications that must have near constant access to their data. These systems have become the primary tools used to communicate within and outside of an organization. You can ill afford to be without these systems or their data for any length of time. EMC protects your Exchange and SharePoint data and makes it available to you through a methodology we call, “The Data Protection Continuum”. By utilizing best of breed data availability, backup, recovery, archiving, and discovery recovery solutions, you can rest assured that your organization’s valuable Exchange and SharePoint data is fully protected and accessible.
EMC’s Application Availability Solution
EMC MetroPoint brings active/active data centers into reality by protecting them equally with a third “bunker site”. MetroPoint enables two data centers to function as one, while allowing administrators total freedom to perform upgrades, maintenance, and equipment swaps during production hours. It also facilitates complete disaster protection, at distance, for any or all business applications.
EMC’s Application Data Protection Solution
EMC brings comprehensive protection for Exchange and SharePoint data during its entire life cycle. From hourly backups to operational recovery of databases or even individual Exchange messages or SharePoint content items, to indexing of content for litigation readiness to fulfilling policy-based regulatory requirements, EMC’s Data Protection Suite offers value, functionality, and flexibility to protect your organization’s most valued data.
The following EMC technology can be used to create the EMC Data Protection and Availability solution for Exchange Server and SharePoint Server:
- EMC Data Protection Suite -- Simplify the implementation of your backup & archival software
- EMC Data Domain -- Rapid backups, quick restores, efficient backup storage
- EMC VNX Local Protection Suite -- efficient data repurposing and data protection for Exchange Server and SharePoint Server
- EMC AppSync -- policy-based data protection and data repurposing software
To learn more about this solution, please review the following materials:
- Design Guide: EMC VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Enabled by EMC Next-Generation VNX and EMC Backup
- The Radicati Group, Inc: On-Premises Information Archiving – Market Quadrant 2013
- Solution Overview: EMC MetroPoint Provides Continuous Availability
- Continuous Availability for Microsoft Applications Using EMC MetroPoint
- Backup and Recovery for Microsoft-Based Private Clouds Leveraging the EMC Data Protection Suite
- EMC Backup and Recovery Options for VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Top Reasons Why EMC Backup Is the Best Choice for Microsoft
- EMC Data Protection Suite
- EMC Data Protection Advisor
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Need SourceOne for Archive and eDiscovery
EMC Documentum Connector for Microsoft SharePoint
Get work done faster while complying with industry and company standards.
EMC ItemPoint for Microsoft Exchange Server
Recover and restore email, mailboxes, and attachments quickly to save time and money
EMC Replication Enabler for Exchange 2010
Integrate this no-cost plug-in to enable storage-based synchronous replication to support zero data loss for high availability and disaster recovery.
EMC SourceOne Archiving Family for Microsoft SharePoint
Improve SharePoint performance and scalability while reducing storage costs
EMC SourceOne Archiving Family for Microsoft Exchange
Reduce operational costs while enforcing email record-keeping policies and providing access to archived content for complete and accurate discoveries.
EMC VSPEX for Microsoft Collaboration Suite
Deploy a cost-effective, high-performing, and highly available private cloud infrastructure.
EMC VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft Exchange
Accelerate deployment of a proven Exchange solution in your environment with detailed resources to help you design and implement solutions.
EMC VSPEX for Virtualized Microsoft SharePoint
Accelerate deployment of a proven SharePoint solution in your environment with detailed resources to help you design and implement solutions.
Protection Solutions for Microsoft
Achieve new levels of protection and efficiency in Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint and Hyper-V environments with EMC Backup for Microsoft solutions. Our solutions are fully integrated with Microsoft applications and leverage EMC market-leading deduplication.
City of Safford
- The Essential Guide to Exchange and Private Cloud
- The Essential Guide to SharePoint
- Radicati Group: Benefits of Consolidating and Virtualizing Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint in a Private Cloud Environment
SupportEMC Online Support
ServicesConsulting, IT Services, Managed Services, Training and Certification