Justice and Public Safety Solutions
- Law enforcement
- Courts and correctional facilities
- Fire and paramedic departments
- Proactively address accidental and intentional threats
- Ensure your systems and data are protected 24/7/365
- Respond to incidents quickly and more effectively
Efficient Service Delivery
In the public sector, geospatial information systems (GIS) aren’t new. Most agencies already know the power of GIS applications to transform raw data into interactive graphical maps, but they’re challenged with data explosions.
According to Daratech, GIS data has grown at a compound annual rate of 15.5 percent for the last eight years—about twice the rate of growth for GIS or geospatial software and services. Across many agencies, there’s an acknowledged need for GIS data consolidation and sharing to improve decision making, deliver better citizen service, and reduce operating costs.
EMC Justice and Public Safety IT Solutions enable public sector agencies to:
- Facilitate anytime, anywhere access to Esri ArcGIS geographic information
- Serve geographic information to towns, cities, municipalities, states, federal departments, and other governments simultaneously, without performance impact, and more quickly than ever by leveraging a common geospatial data pool
- Support workers’ desire to use hand-held devices for access from field or home
- Optimize performance and reduce overall costs by leveraging the lab-tested Vblock infrastructure platform
- Deploy a government-managed, shared-services model or deliver hosting capabilities as a service provider
- Charge back to departments to recoup costs and conceive new revenue streams
- Better serve, protect, and encourage citizen involvement
Figure 1. Justice and Public Safety
Physical Security Solution
Manage, archive, protect, authenticate, and scale your security systems and video surveillance information in a more dynamic and efficient way.
EMC Consulting for Public Sector
Use our expertise to help you balance service demands and resources to benefit the public trust.
Attorney General's OfficeImproves Security and Efficiency with InputAccel
East Carolina UniversityThe State’s Fast Growing College Goes the Distance in Education
Italian Department of Prison AdministrationEMC Documentum Supports the Department—from the Computerized Register to the Prisoner File
South Carolina Department of CorrectionsEMC Customer Support and Services Help State Agency Protect and Use Information
- EMC Cloud Advisory Service for the Public Sector: Optimizing Your Cloud Strategy
- Data Center Consolidation for the Public Sector
- EMC Consulting Continuity of Operations Services for the Public Sector
- EMC Consulting Services for Microsoft SharePoint in the Public Sector