EMC Mobile Health Solutions
- Integrated Delivery Networks
- Physician practices
- Radiology centers
- Deliver log-on from any device, anywhere, any time
- Provide rapid access to test results, remotely monitor patients
- Ensure non-stop availability of PHI
Simple, Secure Access
Increase Caregiver Efficiency
Reduce IT Costs & Complexity
EMC Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Solutions for Healthcare, enabled by VMware View 4.5 and Imprivata One-Sign, uses a proven architecture that enables you to centralize your desktop environment, where much of your most at-risk information resides. This solution integrates EMC Celerra unified storage and advanced technologies from EMC, VMware, and Imprivata to optimize performance, improve scalability, and reduce storage costs for the virtual desktop environment.
Key solution components include:
- EMC Celerra—Use the high-end features of unified storage, a dedicated network server optimized for files, and block access in a scalable, easy-to-use package.
- EMC fully automated storage tiering (FAST)—Track I/O and migrate data to the right storage tier depending on user demand.
- EMC FAST cache—Enable enterprise Flash drives (EFDs) to act as an expanded cache layer for the array, delivering optimized performance to all workloads.
- EMC Celerra deduplication—Deliver the highest storage efficiency for both boot and user data to use in tandem with VMware View for primary data.
- EMC Celerra with VMware vStorage APIs for array integration (VAAI)—Enable hundreds of desktops to be created within minutes.
- VMware View 4.5—Modernize the desktop experience to deliver private cloud capabilities for a consistent experience across your healthcare enterprise.
- VMware View Composer—Create a master desktop image to deploy across the environment with this key VMware View component, ensuring consistency across the infrastructure and simplifying management with easy patching, updates, and deployment.
- VMware View 4.5 security—Lock down UBS ports and ensure that no data is stored on physical devices that could be stolen
- VMware vSphere 4.1 for desktops—Maximize server resources while increasing flexibility and agility with this leading virtualization platform that’s included with VMware View.
- Imprivata One-Touch Clinical Roaming—Enable the desktop to follow the clinician to any workstation, eliminating the need to restart each clinical application and streaming access to patient data.
- Imprivata One-Sign Secure Walk-Away—Log out clinicians automatically when they leave a workstation and reauthenticate them upon return, reducing errors and the risk of “unattended” records.
- Imprivata One-Sign Prove ID—Enable an application to leverage strong authentication services at any point in the workflow (such as prior to drug disbursement.
Backup and Recovery Solutions for Healthcare
Strengthen your data protection, streamline backup and recovery, and meet a wide range of service levels for even the largest data volumes.
Cloud Computing Solutions for Life Sciences
Enable pharmaceutical and other life sciences companies to meet health sciences value chain needs.
Collaborative Healthcare Solutions
Make quick, information-enabled collaborative healthcare decisions with centralized medical image sharing and management.
- Customer Profile: Northern Hospital of Surry County
- Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals Customer Profile
- Technical Documentation: Proven Solution Guide: EMC Infrastructure for Virtual Desktops - Enabled by EMC Celerra Unified Storage (FC), VMware vSphere 4.1, VMware View 4.5, and VMware View Composer 2.5