Documentum D2 Revolutionizing the enterprise content management experience
Deliver Rapid Value
The core user experience and content management functionality. Key features include:
- Configurable and personalized user experience
- Widget-based portal-like approach to the user interface
- Intelligent thumbnail previews and instantaneous viewing of content
- Instant application deployment of highly configured rules and content policies
- Configurable metadata and import screens for document types
- Advanced workflow, lifecycle, and auditing capabilities all configurable for the content or user type
- Simple and advanced search with configurable search screens and custom search forms
- Automated features for controlled content, such as property inheritance, auto-naming, auto-numbering, and auto-linking
- Simplified creation of relations and virtual documents
- Spreadsheet-style configuration tool
- Utility for generating specifications that document a configuration
EMC Documentum D2 +Pack
Add-on utilities that may be added to a Documentum D2 implementation to provide:
- Microsoft Office integration: Synchronization of properties between Microsoft Office documents and Documentum metadata. For Outlook email messages, Documentum D2 +Pack captures metadata such as To, From, and Subject.
- Configurable PDF document generation: Augments PDF documents with cover pages, table of contents, watermarks, signature pages, and security settings.
- Recycle Bin: Manages the cancellation and deletion of documents by using a standard recycle bin approach.
Documentum D2 Advanced Publishing
An extension to D2 for paper-based and electronic publishing of virtual documents. Publications can be configured to comply with a wide range of complex publishing requirements, ranging from common product documentation formats to highly standardized specifications such as the Common Technical Document (CTD) used in the Life Sciences industry. A powerful and user-friendly interface, integrated into Documentum D2, gives any business user the tools to publish their documents quickly, without the constraints and complexity of traditional publishing solutions.
Captiva Intelligent Enterprise Capture
Convert paper from liability to business advantage by transforming your paper, faxes, and other content into application-ready information.
Control all your information assets with a standards-based, enterprise-class content management system that supports compliance and security.
Accelerate development of intelligent case management applications and automate business processes to improve efficiency and compliance.
Deploy content management solutions powered by private cloud technology to achieve greater agility, lower risk, and total cost of ownership (TCO)..
Forrester Research, Inc.The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Content Management, Q3 2013
Gartner, Inc.Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management, 09/2013
Data and Spec Sheets
- Data Sheet: EMC Documentum D2
- EMC Documentum D2 +Pack
- EMC Documentum D2 Advanced Publishing Services
- EMC Documentum Mobile
15-Minute GuideRedefining Enterprise Content Management in the PostPC Era
15-Minute GuideEMC Documentum D2
Jan 08, 2013EMC Helps Leading Vaccine Manufacturer Boost IT Efficiency; Reduces TCO 20% with Life Sciences Solution
May 22, 2012EMC Delivers Next Version of Documentum D2
Nov 01, 2011EMC Delivers Modern and Intuitive User Experience for EMC Documentum
Learning & Events
Recorded WebcastControlling Content: How Regulated Companies Succeed
Recorded WebcastCreate the Ideal User Experience
Recorded WebcastDocumentum, Captiva, and Document Sciences Moves to OnDemand—Your Cloud Journey Starts Now
Recorded WebcastRevolutionize Your ECM Experience
EDUCATIONView learning paths and training courses by role