- Small to large enterprises
- Rapidly growing virtual server environments
- Reduce backup storage and bandwidth requirements
- Accelerate virtual server deployment and IT transformation
Improve infrastructure efficiency
Control rising costs
Speed backup and recovery
Accelerate IT Transformation
Protecting critical data can be a challenge for organizations of all sizes. According to the Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG), the amount of data requiring protection continues to grow at approximately 60 percent per year.
The problem is traditional backup solutions store data repeatedly, expanding total storage under management by 5 to 10 times, which can have serious implications from a reliability, availability and cost standpoint, especially as environments scale.
EMC deduplication solutions can have a powerful effect on backup performance and efficiency in physical and particularly virtual server environments, where overlapping backup windows and redundant operating systems, applications and file data and server resource contention are common.
By moving less data across the data center and storing only unique data, these solutions dramatically speed backup and restore, shorten backup windows, and significantly lower IT costs by reducing backup storage, bandwidth and management costs. Plus, they can help organizations drive IT transformation efforts by ensuring efficient, scalable and high reliability disk-based data protection.
- Faster backups – Take advantage of the industry's fastest deduplication: up to 10 times faster VMware backups
- Reduced backup storage – Reduce footprint up to 10 to 30 times and eliminate tape for operational recovery
- Cost-effective disaster recovery – Replicate up to 99 percent less data than traditional methods
- Flexible deployment – Leverage multiple options to meet specific requirements
- Scalable appliances – Support growing virtualized environments
Leverage fast, scalable deduplication backup software and system optimized for virtual environments, network-attached storage (NAS) servers, enterprise applications, remote offices, and desktops/laptops.
EMC Data Domain
Leverage deduplication storage systems for next-generation backup, recovery, and archiving.
EMC Data Protection Advisor
Powerful, unified data protection management with automated monitoring, analysis, and reporting across backup, replication, and virtual environments.
Centralize backup and recovery, bridging traditional and next-generation data protection to safeguard information across the data center.
Data Protection Solutions for Microsoft
Achieve new levels of business and IT efficiency in your Microsoft application and Hyper-V environments with EMC deduplication storage solutions
Data Protection Solutions for VMware
Protect growing VMware environments and accelerate IT transformation.
Desktop, Laptop, Remote Office Solutions
Centralize and optimize the backup and recovery of desktop, laptop, and remote offices using minimal bandwidth and little administrative overhead.
Disaster Recovery Solutions
Provide enterprisewide disaster recovery for backup data with network-efficient replication.
Tape Replacement Solutions
Replace tape and get faster, more reliable and cost-effective backup and recovery for legacy and virtualized applications.
- Accelerating Backup Transformation, Part I: Impacting the Velocity of Business
- Accelerating Backup Transformation, Part II: Next-Generation Backup
- EMC European Disaster Recovery Survey 2011
- Washington Trust Company on EMC Backup and Recovery
News & Blogs
April 3, 2014EMC Redefines Data Protection for a Software-Defined World
March 6, 2012EMC Delivers “No Compromise” Technology, Solutions and Services for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Nov 15, 2011EMC NetWorker Drives Backup Transformation
Oct 19, 2011European Customers Rely on EMC to Transform Backup and Accelerate VMware Implementations
Training & Events
On-Demand WebcastAvamar Transforms Next-Generation Backup and Recovery at Ecolab