Virtualize Everything. Compromise Nothing.
Pool storage resources
Automate and manage storage
Extend Beyond EMC
Leverage an open architecture
With ViPR software-defined storage, the control plane—where you manage storage—is decoupled from the data plane—where you store your data—ensuring that you retain the value of underlying arrays.
The ViPR Controller:
- Abstracts physical storage resources into a single virtual pool
- Pools “like resources” into virtual storage arrays which are logical representations of physical storage arrays and have similar characteristics such as storage type, size, performance, and location
- Automates provisioning by creating policy-based virtual storage pools with predefined storage capabilities presented to users via a customizable catalog of services
- Provides a single view to centrally manage storage resources, performance, and utilization including metering and chargeback across your entire infrastructure
With open access to all ViPR application programming interfaces (APIs), it’s easy for anyone to integrate existing management tools, storage platforms, or cloud stacks with ViPR. ViPR is fully integrated with the following EMC storage and technology solutions: EMC VMAX, EMC VNX VPLEX, EMC Isilon RecoverPoint, EMC TimeFinder, EMC SnapSure, EMC SnapView, and EMC VNX Snapshots.
ViPR extends beyond EMC to integrate with third-party storage such as platforms from NetApp, and cloud stacks like OpenStack, VMware, and Microsoft.
ViPR supports a broad range of industry-standard APIs including block-and-file protocols such as Common Internet File System (CIFS), Network File System (NFS), and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and object APIs like Amazon S3, EMC Atmos, and OpenStack Swift.
ViPR Global Data Services deliver additional functionality that operates across all ViPR-managed storage arrays. For instance, the ViPR Object Data Service enables applications to access objects as files directly on the underlying file-based storage without having to rewrite or rework existing applications or platforms.
Data and Spec Sheets
- Realizing the Benefits of Software-Defined Storage
- Rethink Storage: Transform the Data Center with EMC ViPR Software-Defined Storage
- Simple, Extensible, Open: Unleash the Value of Data with EMC ViPR Global Data Services
- Enterprise Management Associates: EMC ViPR: No Hardware Required
- Enterprise Strategy Group: EMC ViPR: Helping Secure-24 Automate Provisioning and Speed Time to Market for New Customer Applications