What is Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS)
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) gives you on-demand access to IT infrastructure. This includes the resources such as storage, networks and compute that you need to run your workloads. As a business user, you can request IT services whenever you need them, paying only for what you consume.
How does IaaS work?
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is a complete IT infrastructure consumed as a service. Each user or tenant accesses a portion of a consolidated pool of federated resources to create and use their own compute infrastructure as needed, when needed, and how needed.
What are the benefits of IaaS?
• Greater Efficiency – resources are virtualized and pooled ensuring physical infrastructure is used to maximum capacity
• Greater Agility – IT resources can be provisioned on demand and returned to the resource pool just as easily
• Rapid Scalability – instantly allocate additional computing resources to meet business demands due to peak seasons, company growth or decline
• Lower Costs- infrastructure, energy, and facility costs, “pay as you use” model
• Greater IT staff productivity– Automated provisioning through self-service portal
• Reduce wasted resources – transparent pricing and metering and chargeback tools allow IT admins to pinpoint where costs can be reduced
• Higher utilization of IT investments
• Enhanced security and protection of information assets