Employee Health Programs and Medical Benefits
Employee health programs
EMC seeks to partner with employees to improve our collective health and reduce healthcare costs. To that end, we offer a health management program including an array of health management tools, educational resources, and fitness and eating facilities–all available to you and your dependents.
As an EMC employee, you will realize that our partnership with you is not just about paying for healthcare. It’s about investing in your health and your family’s health–to get you well and keep you that way. Today, a healthy workplace is one where you can manage stress, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and successfully integrate work and family. EMC is proud to offer many programs to support this kind of healthy working environment.
- HealthLink — Manage your health (and your family’s health) effectively with this web-based personal health management program powered by WebMD. This private, secure environment is available 24/7 from work or home. EMC was the first company to offer an electronic personal health record to our employees. With HealthLink, you can access online education and custom e-mail newsletters geared toward your interests—such as back pain, weight loss, or high blood pressure. Completion of the online Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is linked to premium incentives.
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) — Lower your blood pressure with this partnership program between EMC and the Boston University School of Medicine. Since 2002, this web-based program, recommended by the American Heart Association, has provided EMC participants with guidance for reducing hypertension. Participants work with a trainer who teaches them how to properly portion food and develop eight weeks’ worth of workouts that can fit into a busy lifestyle.
- BestDoctors — Make informed healthcare decisions for yourself and your dependents with the help of this Boston-based company started by doctors affiliated with Harvard University School of Medicine. Through BestDoctors, you and your attending physician can receive advice from other physicians regarded as experts in their fields. This information can help you make better decisions. This service is completely independent, free, and confidential. Use of this program by EMC employees has surpassed expectations.
- Health management seminars — Get access to experts in the health and wellness arena and learn how to reduce risks, gain a healthy outlook, and recognize warning signs.
- Medical benefits — Choose from a variety of options when selecting your healthcare provider. Many of the plans incorporate a managed care strategy, including several HMO options and a PPO option. EMC also offers a Health & Savings Plan (HSA), which is a portable, high-deductible medical plan with a tax-advantaged savings component.
- Delta Dental — Receive comprehensive dental coverage (if elected) for a full range of preventive, restorative, and orthodontic dental services.
- Behavioral health benefits — Get access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and managed Mental Health/Substance Abuse benefits (if you are enrolled in an EMC medical plan). This coverage provides confidential consultation for a wide range of issues, including mental health, marital and family issues, substance abuse issues, and financial and legal matters.
- Prescription services — Enjoy the benefits of pharmacy and mail order prescription coverage through CVS Caremark if you are an employee enrolled in any of EMC’s medical plans (except the BCBS Health and Savings Account, which has prescription services through Express Scripts).
- Vision service plan — Elect to receive coverage for eye exams and eyewear for a nominal co-payment through the VSP network.
- Health care flexible spending account — Set aside up to $2,500 per year on a pre-tax basis to pay for unreimbursed health care expenses (medical, dental, and vision care) while lowering your taxable income. Additionally, if you are enrolled in an EMC medical plan, the company will match 50% of your FSA contribution up to a maximum of $250 per year.
- Dependent care flexible spending account — Set aside up to $5,000 per year on a pre-tax basis to pay for care expenses of qualified dependents, while lowering your taxable income.