How It Works
Intelligent enterprise capture takes control of large volumes of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data. Through advanced recognition technology, intelligent enterprise capture transforms business critical documents into process-ready digital content.
EMC Captiva is a fully scalable solution that accommodates single or multiple entry points for capturing documents, including scanners, multi-function devices, fax, and e-mail. It works by moving through five key stages:
- Capture - Hard copy documents are scanned, faxed, or emailed, and transformed into digital content.
- Classify - Automated classification technology identifies different document types through a combination of text- and image-based analysis.
- Extract - Once documents are captured and classified, their data is extracted using optical character recognition (OCR) and optical mark recognition (OMR).
- Validate - Automated validation involves integration with another data source, usually a database or enterprise application such as ERP.
- Deliver - Data and document images are exported and made available to other content repositories, databases, and business systems in a variety of formats.
- White Paper: Taking Capture to the Next Level
- White Paper: What to Consider Before Investing in Enterprise Capture
- Solution Overview: EMC Captiva Intelligent Capture
- White Paper: 15-Minute Guide to Intelligent Capture
- Video Map: EMC Captiva Intelligent Enterprise Capture
- Video: Discover the Power of Intelligent Enterprise Capture
- Demo: Captiva InputAccel CaptureFlow Designer