EMC Earns Perfect Score on 2016 Corporate Equality Index
Achieves Designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation recognizes EMC for LGBT-related policies and practices
- Achieves perfect 100% ranking and designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that it has received a perfect score of 100% on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT workplace equality. This marks the fifth consecutive year EMC has been recognized with a perfect score, alongside 407 major U.S. businesses that also earned top marks this year.
This honor was given by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community.
“In this 2016 Corporate Equality Index, hundreds of major businesses responded to our new standards for workplace equality with exceptional leadership. EMC not only meets these standards, it goes above and beyond the call of duty, making commitment to equality a fundamental aspect of its corporate values," said Deena Fidas, HRC Foundation Workplace Equality Program Director.
“Equality in the workplace is a necessity – across gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and every other facet of difference,” said Jackie Glenn, Chief Diversity Officer at EMC Corporation. “Diversity and inclusion helps businesses, and the communities in which they operate, to thrive. EMC is incredibly proud of today's recognition, and we will continue to operate under the principle that diversity and inclusion is a business imperative, and the right thing to do.”
Some of the programs and initiatives EMC offers include:
- Comprehensive transgender benefits; one of the first U.S. companies to offer this
- Mandatory global training courses on Implicit Bias and Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee-led Circles (Employee Resources Groups)
- Executive Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Board
- Equal Opportunity non-discrimination policy that covers sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, which as been in place for several years
- Sponsorship and participation in LGBT activities globally
- Supporter of the 2015 Equality Act
- Supporter of the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO)
- Ranks #6 on the 2015 World's Best Multinational Workplaces list
- Ranks Top 25 on DiversityInc's 2015 Most Noteworthy Companies list
The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT citizens and realize a nation that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
About Dell EMC
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.