EMC Redefines Hybrid Cloud for the Enterprise
EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution and Services Set New Standard for Simplicity, Choice and Agility
- New EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution unites the best of private and public clouds to enable IT-as-a-Service
- Engineered hardware, software and services solution accelerates time-to-value by delivering an Enterprise Hybrid Cloud in as few as 28 days
- EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Federation Software-Defined Data Center Edition with VMware available immediately; Microsoft Cloud Platform and OpenStack® Editions to be available in 2015
- Public cloud interoperability with VMware vCloud® AirTM, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other EMC-powered cloud service providers
- EMC acquires Cloudscaling, Maginatics and Spanning to accelerate hybrid clouds based on OpenStack, extend data protection to the cloud and assure availability and data protection for “born in the cloud” applications (see related press release)
Interact with EMC Online:
- Follow @EMCCorp, @emccloud #RedefineHC
- Watch the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Virtual event: http://bit.ly/redefineHC
- Read EMC perspectives on the EMC Pulse Blog:
- Read about the products and services behind the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution
- More information on EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution: https://www.emc.com/cloud
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced immediate availability of its EMC® Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution that integrates hardware, software and services from EMC and VMware to unite the strengths of private and public cloud. The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution enables IT-as-a-service (ITaaS) in as few as 28 days. Organizations no longer will have to make tradeoffs between the speed and agility of public cloud services and the control and security of private cloud infrastructure.
As IT organizations race to keep pace with the demands of the modern and rapidly changing business, they need to leverage both private cloud – because it is trusted, controlled and reliable – and public cloud – because it’s simple, low cost and flexible. The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution enables customers to deploy a hybrid cloud that incorporates the best of both public and private clouds.
The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution empowers IT to be a broker of trusted cloud services while maintaining the freedom to choose the Management and Orchestration technology upon which the hybrid cloud is standardized. The result is a hybrid cloud solution capable of supporting traditional and next-gen applications, financial transparency so IT can prove its value to the business, and a seamless and secure management experience.
The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution is designed to be simple, automated and on-demand and features a number of valuable benefits including:
- Solution designed to be implemented in 28 days or fewer with EMC Professional Services
- Access to a full service catalog of automated data services
- Interoperability with public cloud services built on VMware vCloud Air, Microsoft Azure, AWS and other EMC-powered cloud service providers
- EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution can be built on VCE Vblock Systems and EMC VSPEX® reference architectures for accelerated deployment
- EMC’s gold standard level of Customer Service to provide world-class support
EMC has invested thousands of engineering hours to build its Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution that accelerates the customer’s time to value. Key engineering aspects include:
- End-to-end testing and validation to ensure all components work together
- Best practices /reference architecture that accelerates deployment
- Hundreds of workflows based on common customer use cases to further enable self-service delivery and consumption
- Custom-engineered design templates that offer pre-determined service levels of infrastructure for different applications
Support for Leading Cloud Platform Software
In 2015, EMC plans to offer the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution built with Microsoft and OpenStack technology. EMC’s solution for the Microsoft Cloud Platform will be designed to enable customers to easily integrate their on-premises EMC storage solutions and Windows Server Hyper-V infrastructure with Microsoft Azure, in order to flexibly deploy and manage applications and workloads across hybrid environments. EMC supports customer choice and is committed to helping customers be successful with their hybrid cloud deployments, regardless of the cloud platform they choose. By offering the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution with Microsoft and OpenStack, EMC will extend the same value and benefits to those solutions that are being delivered in the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Federation Software-Defined Data Center Edition with VMware.
EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Services
EMC is introducing new professional and educational services designed to help customers quickly implement the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution within their IT environment.
A leader in the cloud marketplace, EMC has helped accelerate more than 15,000 cloud deployments for customers, providing industry-leading expertise to guide customers’ infrastructure, operational, and application transformations across every stage of development. Along with new Architecture, Design and Implementation Services to enable the hybrid cloud solutions, EMC also unveiled new Professional Services to remove cloud complexity including:
- EMC Managed Services for Enterprise Hybrid Cloud delivers end-to-end turnkey operational management of a customer’s EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud complete with SLAs. The service provides either onsite or offsite resources for one year or more.
- EMC Cloud Advisory Service offers a distinctive scalable and automated approach to help analyze application requirements to determine workload suitability for cloud, then recommend placement in appropriate public or private clouds based on economics and functional requirements.
- EMC IT Transformation Workshop provides a fee-waived strategic planning engagement with an EMC Consulting expert to help organizations prioritize concrete steps for IT Transformation across service strategy, applications, operating model and infrastructure, providing a benchmark against industry peers and the competition.
- Education Services: For customers who will manage or operate their EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, EMC provides training to help IT staff gain the requisite skills.
The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Federation Software-Defined Data Center Edition with VMware is available now.
EMC Customer Quote:
Mike Somerville, Manager of Systems Support & Chief Cloud Evangelist University of San Diego & President, VCE User Group
“To enhance our significant investments in information technologies that empower excellence in research, student instruction, and support all administrative IT, we are investigating a hybrid cloud strategy with EMC. I’m confident a hybrid cloud built with EMC can provide the agility, performance and scalability necessary for our critical internal IT systems and cloud applications, as well as our growing mobile device application needs. As a long time EMC and VCE customer, we believe that they can provide the vision, technology and services to deliver the trusted cloud services our university requires.”
EMC Customer Quote:
Alex Patent, Vice President of Global Infrastructure Architecture, Nielsen
“We envision the hybrid cloud as a better way to serve our customers across a myriad of on-premises and cloud applications and countless device types over a secure enterprise infrastructure. EMC has the vision, technology and services to help us get there far faster than we thought possible. They can provide us the tools and resources necessary to deliver the trusted cloud services our business needs to innovate.
Industry Analyst Quote:
Laura DuBois, Program Vice President, IDC
“Hybrid cloud enables businesses and their IT organizations flexibility in where they host their many and varied workloads. A well-run hybrid cloud must allow enterprises to seamlessly offer services and apps to their users from the device of their choice, whether they originate from an on-premise data center or from public cloud sources. Hybrid cloud offerings like the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution allow enterprises to retain security and control by enabling IT organizations to become a broker of apps and services and to do so via user self-service and automation that correspond to organizational policies.”
Cisco Partner Quote:
Ken Owens, Chief Technology Officer, Cloud Infrastructure Group, Cisco
“Cisco and EMC both believe that hybrid cloud solutions are critical to enabling enterprises to embrace IT-as-a-Service. By utilizing best-of-breed technology from Cisco and EMC, the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud will ensure that customers extract maximum business value from private and public clouds. We will continue to partner closely with EMC to turn the promise of the Intercloud into a reality for our mutual customers.”
Microsoft Partner Quote:
Garth Fort, General Manager, Cloud and Enterprise Partner Marketing, Microsoft Corporation
“We’re pleased to work with EMC to deliver hybrid cloud solutions that combine the best of EMC storage with the scale and enterprise-readiness of the Microsoft Cloud, providing enterprises with a consistent platform across their own datacenters and the public cloud. With this offering our joint customers will be able to move faster, innovate for their business and maximize their IT investments.”
OpenStack Project Quote:
Jonathan Bryce, Executive Director, OpenStack Foundation
“Enterprise adoption of OpenStack is accelerating, and OpenStack has emerged as the preferred open source cloud software platform. From automotive manufacturing to financial services and government to research and development, organizations are finding OpenStack the ideal platform for deploying the infrastructure services required to meet the needs of today’s application developers.”
VMware Partner Quote:
Scott Collison, Vice President, VMware vCloud Air Business Unit, VMware Corporation
“EMC and VMware continue to work together to help companies realize greater levels of business agility and flexibility through the hybrid cloud. With the Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution and VMware® vCloud™ Air, customers can easily, quickly and securely extend their data centers to the cloud, using a hybrid cloud offering with the same familiar and trusted tools organizations already have in place today.”
EMC Executive Quote:
Josh Kahn, EMC Senior Vice President of Global Solutions
“Customers often times sacrifice choice in order to deploy their hybrid cloud quickly. However there are a lot of strings attached to things that happen quickly and simply. We’ve spent the time to engineer the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution to deploy quickly and still give customers that choice. But IT transformation leveraging hybrid cloud is about more than just technology and that’s why EMC also offers customers proven services expertise and know-how aligned to help CIOs plan and implement the changes needed to transform IT’s approach to IT-as-a-Service.”
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and VSPEX are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
VMware and VMware vCloud Air are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
The OpenStack word mark and the Square O Design, together or apart, are trademarks or registered trademarks of OpenStack Foundation in the United States and other countries, and are used with the OpenStack Foundation’s permission.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.