RSA Introduces New Integrated Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management Solution
- RSA Archer® Business Continuity Management and Operations is one of the industry’s most tightly integrated solutions for managing business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management, designed to enable alignment of continuity planning with an organization’s business priorities and integration with enterprise GRC processes.
- The new RSA Archer BCM Mobile App provides iPhone® and iPad® mobile digital device users with visibility into details of business continuity and disaster recovery plans from any location, enabling accelerated responsiveness during crisis events.
- The addition of the RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations solution and mobile app to the RSA Archer portfolio, support EMC’s overall mission of building trust in next-generation IT solutions by automating the approach to business continuity, disaster recovery and effective crisis management.
RSA, the Security Division of EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today introduced two significant additions to its RSA Archer® product suite designed to help customers meet ever changing and comprehensive business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management demands.
RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations is one of the industry’s most tightly integrated solutions designed to address business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management. Engineered to align with BS25999, NIMS and ISO 22301, it offers a standards-based approach to business continuity planning. Notably, deeper integration with other GRC processes such as enterprise risk management, incident management and third-party management, helps allow companies to align recovery efforts with organizational objectives and priorities for enhanced visibility, accountability and reporting.
Offering a flexible platform, continuity professionals can efficiently execute business continuity and disaster recovery process changes while limiting the need to invest in costly professional services. Additionally, RSA provides templates engineered to perform business impact analyses and risk analyses at any level of the business hierarchy or enterprise infrastructure, and tie to other risk assessments.
As engineered, Key Features of RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations include:
- Risk Register – Helps users identify, evaluate and mitigate risks that may impact their organization, locations, processes or partners.
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) – Gives users the ability to evaluate the criticality of their processes and determine recovery objectives (RTO and RPO) that are coordinated across supporting infrastructure.
- Centrally Managed Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans – Allows users to develop detailed recovery plans for business processes or IT assets, utilizing automated workflow for plan testing, activation and approval.
- Enhanced Crisis Management and Response – Helps enable users to report and manage crisis events, send emergency notifications to communicate crisis information to appropriate personnel, and activate business continuity or disaster recovery plans to recover disrupted business operations, facilities or IT infrastructure.
- Tighter Integration with Other RSA Archer GRC Components – Lets users relate Business Continuity Management components such as risks, BIAs, recovery plans or crises to organizational units (e.g., divisions, business units) and infrastructure (e.g., processes, facilities, IT applications or vital records) for visibility, accountability and reporting.
Additionally, RSA has also introduced the availability of the RSA Archer BCM Mobile App. As a key component in a GRC mobile strategy, the app is designed to augment hard copy plans and enable rapid response during a crisis situation by offering visibility into business continuity or disaster recovery plans and associated strategies, tasks, calling trees and requirements from most locations. In the event that a data center is not available, the RSA Archer BCM Mobile App is engineered to provide high availability, allowing the end user offline access to resources from the time the app was last synced. Additional capabilities including a Mobile App Toolkit built to enable customers to create and design custom applications including questionnaires and assessments will also be supported in a future release.
The addition of the RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations solution and mobile app to the RSA Archer portfolio helps support EMC’s overall mission of building trust in next-generation IT solutions by automating the approach to business continuity, disaster recovery and effective crisis management.
Martin Goulet, Director Product Marketing, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
"Today nearly every business process depends on a digital infrastructure, but aligning business continuity and disaster recovery planning to the needs and risk levels of the business has been very challenging for IT professionals. By offering a broad solution that covers the entire process from designing and testing to mobile access, we're working to make it easier to align risk and criticality with business continuity plans. This lets IT deliver greater business value, and helps businesses better manage digital risks and deliver more trusted services to their internal and external customers. Tight integration with enterprise GRC processes helps ensure better alignment of business continuity management efforts with overall business risk and business strategies."
Darren Nichols, MBCP, Sprint Business Continuity Office (BCO)
“As a major wireless telecommunications provider, having a mobile application is high on our list of features for our Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning solution. The RSA Archer BCM mobile app gives us one more option for quickly accessing contact and plan data while we are away from our computers.”
Daniel Minter CBCP, MBCI, Equifax - Global Business Continuity Management
“We have encountered a 60% reduction in time it takes to create BC/DR report templates and our users are reporting far better output for their BC plans and business impact assessments. With the RSA Archer Business Continuity Management solution, we are light years ahead of where we were with our BC/DR program.”
The RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations solution, and the RSA Archer BCM Mobile App, are currently available to customers worldwide.
- Register for the RSA Archer New BCM Solution: An All-in-One Approach Webcast -- January 24, 2013, 10:00 am EST/3:00 pm GMT
- Get more information on RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations
- Get more information on the RSA Archer eGRC platform
- Download the RSA Archer BCM Mobile App for the iPhone and iPad in iTunes
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world’s leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access control, data loss prevention, encryption & key management, compliance & security information management and fraud protection. These solutions bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com and www.EMC.com.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
RSA, the Security Division of EMC
EMC, RSA and Archer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All other products and/or services are trademarks of their respective owners.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of EMC Corporation, the parent company of RSA, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and RSA disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release