RSA Announces New Services, Consulting Partnerships and Technology Acquisition to Help Customers Tackle Advanced Threats
- RSA announced new RSA ® Advanced Cyber Defense Services to help organizations create proactive strategies for defending their digital assets against a wide range of threats, and provide incident response expertise designed to help customers react aggressively to active attacks and critical incidents.
- RSA and Booz Allen Hamilton have announced a consulting and services partnership to expand global reach for the RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services and help commercial and public sector customers with cyber attack preparedness and incident response.
- Additionally, EMC announced the acquisition of Montreal-based Silicium Security to extend RSA's capabilities for addressing advanced and targeted threats. Together with RSA NetWitness, technology from Silicium Security will become an integral part of the RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services creating a powerful incident response tool set to uncover and contain advanced attacks targeting enterprise endpoints.
RSA Introduces RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services
( see related RSA press release linked here )
RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services is designed to help businesses prepare for, discover and respond to advanced threats, with a methodical and repeatable approach that is designed to minimize risk and the business impact of incidents. Administered by a world-class team of experienced cyber-defense professionals, the RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services employ a combination of proven technology and services. Key components include:
- Breach Readiness
- Incident Response & Discovery
- Cyber-Threat Intelligence
- Breach Management
- Identity Infrastructure Information (I3)
- Next Generation Security Operations Center (SOC) Design & Implementation
RSA Announces Consulting and Services Partnership with Booz Allen Hamilton
( see related joint press release linked here )
RSA and Booz Allen Hamilton have agreed to collaborate on providing enhanced service offerings and a joint go-to-market model designed to make it easier for commercial and public sector customers to use the information security expertise and specialized technologies from both cyber security leaders.
The collaboration leverages RSA's decades of experience in developing computer security software used by tens of thousands of customers worldwide as well as Booz Allen Hamilton's depth of expertise in designing and managing security operations and cyber analytics for some of the world's most sensitive government and commercial entities. As part of the consulting and services partnership, Booz Allen Hamilton will help RSA expand global reach for its RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services as well as:
- Develop joint service offerings that leverage the deep technical and analytical experience of both companies in designing threat-resistant digital infrastructures and in helping customers remediate recent or active cyber attacks.
- Draw on each other's security services as part of customer engagements in order to shorten the time to identify and deploy appropriate services while simplifying the customer's engagement model.
- Explore options for the commercialization of Booz Allen Hamilton-developed software, known as ‘Automated First Responder (AFR)' which is used in incident response and threat identification. The goal will be to facilitate faster and broader utilization of this advanced technology by incident response teams, including those offered by this consulting and services partnership.
EMC Corporation Acquires Privately Held Silicium Security
EMC today announced it has acquired Montreal-based, Silicium Security, developer of a revolutionary endpoint monitoring tool that enables security teams to detect the presence of unknown and advanced malware and quickly assess, respond to and remediate potential compromises. The acquisition of Silicium Security by EMC is not material to EMC earnings. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
Silicium Security will retain its staff and continue to operate in Montreal as part of the RSA Security Management and Compliance business unit led by RSA Senior Vice President Amit Yoran. The acquisition of Silicium Security and the addition of this technology will help enhance the capabilities of RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services by:
- Employing a signature-less approach that detects even the most sophisticated malware
- Alerting security teams on recurring attacks and known malware
- Tracking endpoint behavior including application loading and network traffic to facilitate investigations and speed up remediation
- Facilitating the capture of forensic artifacts for deeper analysis
- Delivering security intelligence that is actionable and easily navigated
Combining the Silicium Security endpoint monitoring technology with the RSA NetWitness network and log visibility and analytics solutions will enable RSA to offer customers a comprehensive incident response solution to combat Advanced Persistent Threats.
RSA Executive Quote:
Amit Yoran, Senior Vice President, Security Management & Compliance, RSA
“With advanced cyber attackers threatening organizations of all types and sizes, IT leaders are looking for real-world expertise from trusted security partners. Today's announcements underscore the dedication of RSA and our security partners to continue developing and seeking new innovations that offer customers the best and most complete portfolio of security technologies and services to help them stay ahead of advanced threats. By also teaming up with Booz Allen Hamilton, we're bringing together the expertise of two of the world's leading security firms to help customers proactively prepare for and respond to advanced cyber attacks.”
- RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Press Release
- RSA-Booz Allen Hamilton Joint Press Release
- Find out more about Silicium Security
- Introducing RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services – RSA Podcast #239
About Dell EMC
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.
Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption & key management, SIEM, Data Loss Prevention and Fraud Protection with industry leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC
EMC, RSA and NetWitness are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of EMC Corporation, the parent company of RSA, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and RSA disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.