EMC and its RSA Security Division Honored With Four CRN “Company of the Year” ARC Awards
Recognized by CRN for the Sixth Consecutive Year, EMC Voted Best in Class for Product Innovation, Support and Partnership, Receives Top Honors for, Enterprise Network Storage, Backup and Recovery Software and SMB Network Storage; RSA Awarded Network Security Software Title
- Recognized by CRN for the sixth consecutive year, EMC has been named "Company of the Year" in the Enterprise Network Storage, Backup & Recovery Software and SMB Network Storage categories of the 2012 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC) survey.
- RSA, The Security Division of EMC, also received "Company of the Year" recognition in the Security Software category.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that for the sixth consecutive year it has been named Company of the Year in the Enterprise Network Storage and Backup & Recovery Software categories and for the second year in a row named Company of the Year in the small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) Network Storage category of the prestigious 2012 CRN Annual Report Card. RSA, The Security Division of EMC, has also received top honors as Network Security Software Company of the Year. The ARC awards are considered the definitive benchmark for measuring excellence in the IT Channel community, serving as the industry standard for excellence in vendor and Channel Partner relationships. Representatives from EMC and RSA accepted their awards at a ceremony during the annual XChange Americas Conference in Dallas, Texas on August 21.
The UBM Channel ARC research team surveyed more than 3,700 North American solution providers across 23 categories to evaluate their satisfaction with vendor products, support and channel programs. The Company of the Year recognition is given to a vendor that scores the highest marks across each of the award sub-categories — Product Innovation, Support, and Partnership. EMC secured the highest marks for all three in each category it participated.
EMC's continued streak of taking top honors in the ARC survey is a direct result of its commitment to delivering industry-leading products and listening to partner feedback to make significant changes, including its go-to-market approach and enhancements to its Velocity Solution Provider Partner Program to provide the most Channel-friendly experience in the industry. Key changes and enhancements made over the last 12 months include:
- Integration of EMC's business unit Channel organizations to provide a single contact to give Partners a more simplified and consistent engagement model across all of EMC's lines of business.
- EMC's recognition as Company of the Year in the SMB Network Storage category is marked by the success of the EMC VNXe® – the world's simplest, most efficient, and affordable unified storage system – as a Channel-only product that solves the unique storage requirements for SMBs, as well as the departmental needs of enterprises, remote and branch office deployments, and governmental opportunities..
- The EMC Data Domain® DD160, with all the benefits associated with Data Domain deduplication storage systems, was also introduced as a Channel-only product. In addition, the introduction of EMC Avamar® 6.1 and EMC NetWorker® 8.0 have expanded the backup and recovery opportunity for partners.
- The introduction of EMC VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure ¬supports Partners desire to more easily sell multi-vendor solutions. The simple, efficient and flexible VSPEX reference architectures enable EMC's Channel Partners to sell complete, highly-flexible solutions to their customers, adding significant value to Partners' sales processes while increasing their mindshare in customer environments by allowing Partners to brand their own VSPEX solutions.
- In 2012 EMC announced Enterprise Select, a new go-to-market strategy in which Partners can exclusively sell to hundreds of enterprise accounts that were previously EMC-direct.
Sweeping all categories in which it participated, RSA's Network Security Software Company of the Year title is due to the strength of the RSA SecurWorld™ Partner Program, with recent program enhancements focused on fostering dynamic and mutually-beneficial relationships between RSA and its Channel Partners. During the past year, RSA has more tightly aligned the benefits and rewards provided through the SecurWorld program with its Partners' go-to-market models. Through the new solution-centric role-based training framework, RSA Partners are more quickly equipped to sell and support RSA's suite of products. Partners retain their tier status for one year, and through quarterly compliance reviews, have the opportunity to accelerate to a new tier more quickly. Another addition to the RSA SecurWorld program is the availability of the "Authorized" entry-level tier with access to deal registration.
EMC Partner Quotes:
Gary Vaughan, President & Co-founder, Clearpath Solutions Group
"The company is listening to Partner feedback and taking action to provide more sales opportunities and make it easier to do business through improved field engagement and the enforcement of the Rules of Engagement. The commitment from all levels of EMC executive management to supporting and deepening the relationships with Partners is evident and indicates there is a bright future for EMC and Partners like Clearpath."
Bob Olwig, Vice President, Corporate Business Development, World Wide Technology, Inc.
"EMC has taken many steps this year to evolve the Velocity program to provide the right training and support for us to successfully address the increasingly complex requirements of our customers as they adopt cloud computing. We appreciate the straightforward, easy to adopt programs, products, and solutions like VSPEX that will help grow our business and provide our customers with the best possible technology and experience."
Kelley Damore, Vice President & Editorial Director, UBM Channel
"When it comes to the strength of relationships, quality of products and return on Partner programs, solution providers want to hear from their fellow VARs about the IT vendors that consistently exceed expectations. The Annual Report Card gives solution providers the opportunity to share feedback and recognize the vendors who truly demonstrate Channel excellence. We congratulate EMC and RSA for being recognized as the best of the best."
Leonard Iventosch, Vice President, Americas Channel Sales, EMC Corporation
"EMC is making the largest investments in its history in the Channel. With their extensive experience and skill at taking on more and more of the sales cycle, EMC's Velocity Partners are critically important to extending our reach into the existing customer base and to finding new customers. We are extremely honored with the results of this year's CRN ARC survey. As the results clearly show, EMC's commitment and actions in the Channel are being leveraged and appreciated by our Partners."
Bill Taylor, Vice President of Global Channels and Alliances, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
"We are committed to the success of our SecurWorld Partners and are consistently working to enhance our channel program to not only ensure mutual profitability but also provide training and support that help partners grow their businesses. We are honored to be included in this year's CRN ARC Survey. It truly validates the work we've been doing to create program that our partners are proud to be a part of."
- Learn more about partnering with EMC and RSA
- Follow @EMCChannel and join the #EMC conversation on Twitter
- Learn more about how Trusted IT from EMC = Trusted Business at: www.emc.com/trust
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast
About UBM Channel: (www.ubmchannel.com)
UBM Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, UBM Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. UBM Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about UBM Channel, visit us at www.ubmchannel.com.
UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries is organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Avamar, Data Domain, NetWorker, RSA, SecurWorld, Velocity, VNXe, and VSPEX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.