EMC Accelerates Journey to Cloud for Engineering, Plant and Facilities Management Organizations
Delivers EPFM OnDemand – Cloud-based Managed Service for
- EMC Documentum Engineering, Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) OnDemand manages project and asset lifecycle from design to construction and operation
- Available as part of EMC® OnDemand, a hybrid cloud deployment model for enterprise applications
- Accelerates project execution by optimizing critical business processes; supports collaboration across the project supply chain
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announcedthe immediate availability of EMC® Documentum® Engineering, Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) OnDemand, delivering a high value purpose-built application as hybrid-cloud managed service. The Documentum EPFM Solution was built in response to common challenges faced by energy operators, engineering and construction companies and engineering project teams within large enterprises. Challenges such as misplacement and/or loss of information, poorly-managed supplier/contractor and operator collaboration and content sharing, and significant health, safety and environment risk due to project/operations inefficiencies, can often cause project slowdown, project failure and costly fines.
Documentum EPFM focuses on highly project-centric and repeated "transmittal" processes for managing supplier/contractor and operator interaction through potentially thousands of drawings and documents. It can support hundreds of project engineering capabilities such as bulk importing and validation of content, engineering numbering systems, and collaboration across multiple parties. As a managed service, EPFM OnDemand enables customers to stay current on the latest software releases, simplify management of highly-complex applications and lower total cost of ownership. Many projects can be resource-intensive over short periods of time, making the delivery of this capability as a cloud-based service especially compelling for lowering the total cost of ownership and accelerating project initiation and completion.
- EPFM OnDemand increases agility, saves time and costs, improves IT efficiency, and simplifies management of highly-complex applications.
- Faster, lower cost for project initiation.
- Highly secure infrastructure management by EMC experts for enterprise grade security, high availability, backup and disaster recovery.
- Optimizes operations and supply chain management processes with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems and business tools such as SAP® Plant Maintenance, Oracle® E-Business Suite®, Primavera®, Maximo®, AutoCAD®, Microstation®.
- Lowers the risk of non-compliance by improving collaboration inside and outside the firewall.
- The EPFM solution is also available for implementation in a traditional environment.
The underlying technology of OnDemand is a hybrid cloud deployment model for enterprise-class applications, designed to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud. Developed using a range of best-in-class technologies from VMware, RSA and EMC, the infrastructure can contain one or many EMC and EMC partner products and can be completely portable from one data center to another. It also enables customers to provision and configure the system for rapid deployment.
In addition to EPFM, EMC OnDemand is available for EMC® Documentum® D2 for configuring intuitive user client interfaces to the EMC® Documentum® platform , EMC® Captiva® for enterprise capture, EMC® Document Sciences® for customer communications management and EMC® Documentum® for enterprise content management.
Paul O'Brien, Vice President of EMC OnDemand for the Information Intelligence Group at EMC
"EPFM OnDemand brings together a powerful solution for managing complex processes with a managed services infrastructure to help businesses focus on getting work done. We're pleased to expand the offerings available on this platform as the cost and time savings, agility and 'worry free' IT maintenance are huge customer benefits."
The Information Intelligence Group division of EMC is focused on four key strategic priorities for customer success - delighting the "New User" of the Post PC era with a compelling, fast and modern user experience across a variety of end-point devices; accelerating our customers' journey to the cloud; delivering pervasive governance to protect information wherever it exists, and helping our customers transform their business with high value solutions. EPFM OnDemand helps accelerate our customers' journey to the cloud.
- Learn more about EMC Documentum EPFM solution
- Learn more about EMC OnDemand
- Read the Documentum EPFM solution overview
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm12 conversation on Twitter.
- Watch Live video streams and participate in Q&A during Momentum Keynotes and Buzz Talks: http://bitly.com/mmtm-live
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
David De Jear
EMC, Documentum, Captiva and Document Sciences are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.