EMC Delivers Next Version of Documentum D2
New Features Further Commitment to Innovation in Cloud, Social and User Experience; Also Available as an EMC OnDemand Cloud-Based Managed Service
- EMC Delivers Documentum® D2 4.0 for configuring intuitive and personalized user interfaces to the EMC® Documentum® platform
- Documentum® D2 is available on EMC OnDemand in a Hybrid Cloud Deployment Model
- Continues EMC’s commitment to the “New User”
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announcedthe availability of EMC® Documentum® D2 4.0, a content management application with a modern, configurable and intuitive user experience for the EMC® Documentum® platform. Documentum D2 4.0delivers new features to enhance and personalize the user experience, including configurable widget-based workspaces that increase usability and accommodate user preferences. Documentum D2 is now also available on EMC OnDemand.
Documentum D2 balances the requirements of IT and business users, responding to the mandate for IT to accelerate time to value and increase ROI while delivering a modern and intuitive user experience that users demand.
Documentum D2: Delighting the New User
Key new features of Documentum D2 4.0 include:
- Widget-based Interfaces – this new version provides two types of widgets for modern, personalized control of workspaces: 'functional' widgets for tasks such as browsing the repository, searching for content, managing tasks and previewing content, and gadgets for additional functionality such as Google® maps, calendars, and access to Twitter® and Facebook® accounts. The widgets can be selected and dragged from a gallery to a workspace to provide a flexible, comprehensive and personalized experience.
- Workspaces – these are containers for widgets and gadgets, and provide layout options for different applications, use cases and user preferences. Workspaces may be configured to be made available to certain sets of users for maximum flexibility and control.
- Themes – users can configure custom color schemes to specific workspaces to enhance the overall experience.
Documentum D2: The Power of Configuration for Quicker Time to Value
Documentum D2 focuses on configuration versus coding to significantly decrease the time to create, deploy and maintain a solution, and enable business analysts and systems administrators to make changes to applications without specialized coding. The intuitive interface reduces user training time and increases speed of adoption.
Documentum D2 is available as a client in EMC OnDemand for Documentum. As a managed service, OnDemand enables customers to stay current on the latest software releases, simplify management of highly-complex applications, and lower total cost of ownership. In addition to EMC® Documentum® for enterprise content management, OnDemand also supports EMC® Captiva® for enterprise capture and EMC® Document Sciences® for customer communications management.
Documentum D2 is also at the core of the Documentum® Life Sciences solutions, also announced today.
Rohit Ghai, Vice President, Products, Information Intelligence Group at EMC
"EMC is pleased to deliver this next release of Documentum D2. Companies struggle with balancing the user demand for ease and productivity with IT's push for agility, security and governance. We are the only vendor to accommodate both of these needs with Documentum D2. In extending Documentum D2 to the cloud via EMC OnDemand, we further enable our customers to focus on delivering business value without the burden of managing complex IT infrastructure."
The Information Intelligence Group division of EMC is focused on four key strategic priorities for customer success – delighting the "New User" of the Post-PC era with a compelling, fast and modern user experience across a variety of end-point devices; accelerating our customers' journey to the cloud; delivering pervasive governance to protect information wherever it exists, and helping our customers transform their business with high value solutions. Documentum D2 supports delighting the "New User."
- Learn more about EMC Documentum D2
- Explore EMC OnDemand
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm12 conversation on Twitter.
- Watch Live video streams and participate in Q&A during Momentum Keynotes and Buzz Talks: http://bitly.com/mmtm-live
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
David De Jear
EMC and Documentum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.