EMC Delivers Information Management Software and Solutions to Accelerate Customers’ Journey to the Cloud and Transform Business Processes
Expands Solutions to EMC OnDemand for Life Sciences and Plant and Facilities Management; New Release of Documentum D2; Marks Traction in Certified Partner Solution Program
- Today EMC announced several products and solutions to advance its strategy to enabling the New User, accelerating our customers' journey to the cloud; delivering pervasive governance and transforming our customers' business with high-value solutions.
- Delivers new solutions for Life Sciences and Engineering, Plants and Facilities Management companies on EMC OnDemand, a hybrid cloud deployment model, managed by EMC experts.
- Releases next version of Documentum D2 for configuring intuitive user interfaces
- Announces significant progress with its EMC Certified Solutions Program
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced significant progress in its strategy to enable the New User, accelerate our customers' journey to the cloud; deliver pervasive governance and transform our customers' business with high-value solutions. In a series of announcements, the company demonstrates significant traction with EMC OnDemand, a hybrid cloud deployment model managed by EMC experts, and success with its EMC Certified Solution partner program. The Information Intelligence Group division of EMC delivers solutions to help global organizations balance the user demands for productivity and ease of use with IT's mandate for security and governance; this struggle hampers innovation and limits business agility.
Information Intelligence Group Highlights:
EMC delivers new solutions and innovation across the Documentum product line, enabling customers to:
Empower the "New User" in the Post PC Era
Delivering support for the "New User" requires a compelling, fast and modern user experience for users to access, share and collaborate on their preferred device, and enabling agile composition of new information-enabled solutions.
- Announces the next release of EMC Documentum D2.
- Enhances user experience for configuring intuitive and personalized user interfaces to the EMC Documentum platform.
- Application is available for implementation in a traditional environment or hosted as part of EMC OnDemand, a hybrid cloud deployment model managed by EMC experts.
Accelerate Our Customers' Journey to the Cloud
EMC OnDemand is a hybrid cloud deployment model for enterprise-class applications, designed to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud. Developed using a range of best-in-class technologies from VMware, RSA and EMC, the infrastructure can contain one or many EMC and EMC partner products and can be completely portable from one data center to another. It also enables customers to provision and configure the system for rapid deployment. EMC delivers two new solutions for EMC OnDemand, the EMC Documentum for Life Sciences Solution Suite and the EMC Documentum Engineering, Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) solution.
Enabling Pervasive Governance
Pervasive governance is managing, controlling and protecting information within an enterprise, to an extended enterprise with partners and contractors, to enforcing federated policies to information as it moves to mobile devices and through the cloud.
- Delivers next release of Documentum Mobile, providing Information Rights Management to mobile content managed by the Documentum platform.
- Offers new personalization and user experience capabilities
- Expanded language support, adding Japanese and Simplified Chinese
Transform Our Customers' Business with Solutions
The focus is deliver purpose-built solutions that enable customers to derive near-immediate value. The company announced the immediate availability of two solutions, both available via the OnDemand platform:
- The EMC Documentum for Life Sciences Solution Suite, built on top of the Documentum platform focus on simplifying compliance, cost reduction, cost avoidance and enabling process quality.
- The first available solution is Documentum Quality and Manufacturing for Life Sciences
- The EMC Documentum EPFM solution focuses on highly project-centric and repeatable processes for designing, building and operating complex plants.
The company also announced traction with its global partners, validating 45 partner solutions in the first full year of its EMC Certified Solution Program. The certifications cover functional completeness, performance and scalability, security and interoperability, and instill customer confidence in the solution architecture and foundation for successful implementation. The EMC partner team also awarded Americas' partners for Innovation in solution development and best practices in implementation, and the first President's Award for Customer Satisfaction.
EMC Executive Quote:
Rick Devenuti, President of the Information Intelligence Group at EMC
"EMC is pleased to announce a wave of innovation to help our customers achieve true business transformation. In delivering solutions for Life Sciences and Engineering/Facilities Management with the EMC OnDemand hybrid cloud managed service, we are enabling organizations in two key verticals to accelerate time to value. We're excited to showcase this innovation at Momentum at EMC World."
The Information Intelligence Group division of EMC is focused on four key strategic priorities for customer success – delighting the "New User" of the Post PC era with a compelling, fast and modern user experience across a variety of end-point devices; accelerating our customers' journey to the cloud; delivering pervasive governance to protect information wherever it exists, and helping our customers transform their business with high value solutions.
About Dell EMC
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
David De Jear
EMC and Documentum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Follow EMC World Online
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings, visit www.emcworld.com.
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld. Facebook: To view videos of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions, like EMC on Facebook.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012".