New EMC Product, Program and Practices Expand Partner Cloud Opportunities
New EMC Channel Initiatives Enable Partners to Address the Fast-Growing Cloud Market
- Following the recent launch of the company's new channel-only VSPEX ™ Proven Infrastructure, EMC today announced new initiatives and technology that will help channel partners worldwide accelerate their customers' journey to cloud computing.
- New EMC ® Velocity ™ Cloud Practices––Cloud Builder and Cloud Provider––enable partners to transform their business by providing advanced capabilities for the design, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructures based on EMC technology.
- N ew EMC Cooperative Services offer Velocity Specialty partners the opportunity to brand and deliver high-value services that accelerate profitability by supplementing their existing skills and investments with EMC's proven services expertise.
- EMC today introduced the new EMC VNXe ® 3150. Optimized for organizations building virtualized, private cloud environments, the VNXe3150––which is built for the channel––offers 50% more performance and capacity per rack unit, while retaining industry-leading simplicity for IT generalists managing virtual environments.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced new initiatives and products to enable the company's worldwide network of channel partners to accelerate their customers' journey to cloud computin g. Together with the EMC VSPEX ™ Proven Infrastructure announced in April 2012, and t he new VMAX ® Service Provider (SP) platform, announced last week, t he new EMC Cloud Builder and Cloud Provider Practices, EMC Cooperative Services and the new VNXe3150 unified storage platform provide EMC partners with the industry's most comprehensive and flexible cloud-enabling capability.
Today's announcements are a continuation of EMC's journey to the cloud. In 2011, EMC announced the Velocity Service Provider program to jointly develop solutions and services with targeted, established service providers. Those partners who successfully complete the Cloud Provider designation requirements will be included in the Velocity Service Provider Program. Today, there are more than 160 EMC-powered services being delivered by over 50 EMC Velocity Service providers around the world.
A t EMC's first annual Global Partner Summit (GPS) at EMC World in Las Vegas this week, Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and C hief Executive Officer , and EMC sales and channel leaders present ed to more than 3,000 partners these new programs and technologies. Other initiatives that enable EMC channel partners to transform IT, business and themselves in order to maximize their customers' cloud computing opportunities were also presented.
New Practices and Program:
- EMC Velocity Solution Provider Practices : A new branded designation within the Velocity Solution Provider Program that recognizes advanced levels of capability. Achievement of a Velocity Practice signifies a partner's value in delivering leading-edge solutions. It recognizes high-value skills in pre-sales, sales and services, across a broad set of technology solutions needed to address customers' strategic business initiatives.
The Cloud Builder Practice enables partners to successfully design, build and manage cloud infrastructures based on EMC technology .
The Cloud Provider Practice enables Velocity Solution Provider partners with advanced capabilities to design, build and operate their own branded IT-as-a-Service cloud offerings based on EMC technology.
- Partners who earn the Velocity Cloud Builder or Cloud Provider Practice designation s are eligible for benefits that elevate their value and differentiation in the market and increase profitability . Included in those benefits are:
- Branded capabilities to address the rapidly growing private and public cloud markets, deepen their value as a trusted advisor and deliver a richer, more comprehensive set of solutions;
- Purpose-built products and Proven Infrastructures, such as VMAX SP and VSPEX, to lower risk and speed time to deployment while improving quality of service;
- Acknowledged expertise through certification in the industry's widely acclaimed and most comprehensive "open" cloud training program: EMC Proven ™ Professional Cloud Architect;
- Access to new EMC cloud solutions and services such as Storage-as-a-Service, Backup-as-a-Service, Rapid Launch, Cloud Advisory, Field Enablement and Remote Monitoring, to create new business opportunities;
- New EMC Cooperative Services announced today that extend partners' cloud solution portfolios by adding health-check and assessment services for virtual infrastructures;
- Exclusive access to best practices and knowledge-sharing through participation in the EMC Cloud Builder VSpecialist online community ;
- Marketing support through publication in the EMC Powered Services Catalogue, as well as Cloud Practice-specific demand generation and branding programs .
The Cloud Builder Practice will be available starting in Q3 2012 and the Cloud Provider Practice will be available in Q4 2012. VMAX SP general availability is expected in 2013.
- EMC Cooperative Services: A new service delivery model that give s partners an exclusive opportunity to supplement their existing skills and investments and broaden their portfolio of services. Available t o service-enabled resellers who are part of the Velocity Solution Provider program and have achieved Velocity Specialty status . In this unique delivery mode, EMC Global Services provides service components to the partner to incorporate into a larger customer deliverable using proven EMC methodologies, best practices and analytical tools. Partners own the customer relationship and service engagement and can choose to brand the overall service as their own, further strengthening their role as trusted technology partners to their customers.
EMC Cooperative Services provides partners with greater choice and flexibility in high-value service delivery and are intended to drive profitable, strategic growth while reducing partners' investment to scale capabilities. EMC Cooperative Services for health checks and assessments on major EMC technology platforms will be available by the end of EMC's second quarter. Additional EMC Cooperative Services for virtual infrastructure will be available in the second half of 2012.
- VNXe3150: An extension to the award-winning VNX ® Family of unified storage solutions and optimized for organizations building virtualized, private cloud environments , the new channel-only VNXe3150 offers 50% more performance and capacity per rack unit while retaining industry-leading simplicity for IT generalists managing virtual environments. The VNXe series is available through EMC's Velocity Solution Provider Partners or Authorized Resellers.
- Today at EMC World 2012 the company also introduced its largest-ever wave of new transformative products and technologies–42 in total. Today's announcements mark the company's most significant single-day launch of new capabilities for customers, delivering a sweeping refresh that spans key products across its entire information storage, backup, virtualization and management portfolio. As a result, EMC is taking IT efficiency and agility to new levels within both traditional and virtualized data centers. Through its market-leading and enhanced information infrastructure portfolio, the company is making it easier for customers to more quickly take advantage of the shift to Hybrid Cloud computing with data at its core, and implement the changes needed as they transform their IT, their business and their talent base.
Industry Analyst Quotes:
Bob Murphy, Area President, Presidio
"Presidio is committed to delivering best-of-breed solutions that address our clients' most critical business challenges. We have made significant investments in recent years to expand our capability to deploy and manage EMC technology. EMC's Velocity services and specialty programs have helped us to scale rapidly to capitalize on market opportunities . EMC's new Cloud Builder Practice fits perfectly with our growth strategy. We are excited about the new capabilities and opportunities that the Cloud Builder Practice will offer and we look forward to continued success with EMC."
Rick Eddings, Vice President of Professional Services at Sigma Solutions, Inc.
"With more customers transforming their data centers to deliver an IT as a Service model to their businesses, our services business is growing at a phenomenal rate. Acquiring the right skills and capabilities to scale our services and expand our portfolios as fast as we want is a constant challenge. EMC's new Cooperative Services for channel partners come s at the right time to help us augment our EMC services portfolio and deliver additional value to our customers. We can take advantage of EMC's deep technical experience and proven methodologies to offer high-value services to our customers under our own brand, further strengthening our relationship with them and building long-term loyalty."
Brian Wasil, IT Director of StandFast, Inc .
"The VNXe3100 has helped us achieve greater data resiliency and redundancy while providing the performance needed for our VM architecture. Additionally, we've gone from sporadic downtime of up to four hours to zero downtime since migrating to the VNXe"a company record. When we heard about the VNXe3150"and that it will deliver more performance and capacity per rack unit"we immediately saw how our business can benefit from reduced operating expenses and performance improvements. The VNXe gives us the industry-leading VMware integration, efficiency and simplified management to run our business."
EMC Executive Quote:
Gregg Ambulos, Senior Vice President of Global Channel Sales, EMC Corporation
"Cloud computing rep resents a huge market opportunity for EMC's partners . Our new Velocity Cloud Practices enable and support them in developing the expertise required to accelerate their clients' journey to the cloud. Today's announcement is another example of EMC's commitment to advancing our partners' skill set, sales opportunities and differentiation in the market. We are 100% focused on delivering our Velocity partners the best technology and the most comprehensive and rewarding partner program in the industry."
- Learn more about partnering with EMC
- Learn more about EMC VNX unified storage
- David Hill from the Mesabi Group gives his take on the VNXe3150
- Learn more about VSPEX
- EMC Global Partner Summit & EMC World
- Join the #EMCChannel conversation on Twitter
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, EMC Proven, Velocity, VMAX, VNXe, VNX, and VSPEX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Follow EMC World Online
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp. Also f ollow the @EMCchannel account and join the #GPS2012 and #EMCWorld conversations.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012"