EMC and VMware Extend Partnership to Develop, Sell and Deliver Storage Analytics for VNX
EMC VNX to Integrate with VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite; Deliver Actionable Storage Analytics for Improved Performance, Faster Issue Resolution and Storage Planning
- EMC ® and VMware will work together to integrate VNX ® storage intelligence with the patented analytics of VMware vCenter ™ Operations Management Suite.
- EMC will extend its VNX storage software portfolio with the addition of the EMC Storage Analytics Suite that is based on VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
- EMC's VNX unified storage systems will also be integrated with VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite via the new EMC VNX Connector, enabling a single, end-to-end view of IT infrastructures with EMC VNX storage.
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) and VMware (NYSE: VMW) today extended their long-standing partnership with a new sales and development agreement designed to deliver offerings that combine comprehensive storage intelligence with the analytics and infrastructure visualization of VMware vCenter Operations. As part of the expanded relationship, the two companies will deliver:
- EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite, based on VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite, will offer capabilities such as storage performance and capacity optimization and SLA improvement through analytics and diagnostics.
- EMC VNX Connector will provide VNX storage metrics and configurable dashboards within VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
Customers today are evolving in the way they manage their IT infrastructures as more organizations virtualize their business-critical applications. With this shift, organizations must address siloed infrastructure management and high end-user expectations of performance and uptime, as well as increase optimization and efficiency while reducing costs. With today's news, EMC and VMware have jointly developed and will deliver solutions to help with this transition.
Introduces Storage Performance and Capacity Analytics
- The EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite enables storage operations management with customizable, intuitive dashboards. It will support block and file storage as well as displayEMC Fully Automated Storage Tiering (FAST ™ ) Cache configuration and performance, and FAST VP (FAST for Virtual Pools) tiers and policies.
Extends Visibility Across IT Infrastructure
- VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite provides holistic visibility and understanding of the virtual environment leading to optimization across compute, storage and network. New integration with EMC VNX Connector for VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite will marry VNX storage metrics with VMware vCenter Operations capabilities such as intuitive, configurable dashboards with drill down, health alerts and patented analytics.
Improves Storage Efficiencies and Faster Troubleshooting and Resolution
- These solutions will offer deep storage intelligence and analytics that enable proactive storage performance and capacity optimization across physical and virtual environments. Additionally, customers can maintain service levels by quickly troubleshooting performance abnormalities and immediately remediating errors.
EMC Executive Quotes:
Ramin Sayar, Vice President and General Manager, Products, Cloud and Virtualization Management, VMware
"The powerful combination of EMC storage intelligence and VMware's vCenter™ Operations Management Suite will offer automated optimization and simplicity for our joint customers. Together, these solutions can help drive increased storage performance and infrastructure management in highly dynamic virtual and cloud environments, as well as physical data centers, while delivering operational cost benefits. With this integrated cross-domain solution, organizations of all sizes can proactively manage their overall infrastructure system health, as they continue to automate and transform their IT infrastructure."
Rich Napolitano, President, EMC Unified Storage Division
"The benefits of total transparency into storage systems, in both physical and virtualized infrastructures, are staggering. VNX Storage Analytics Suite is designed to capitalize on this transparency by offering simplified storage management, optimized performance and easily maintained service levels for unprecedented efficiency. This holistic view of assets, combined with storage metrics including FAST Cache and FAST VP, will optimize both efficiency and performance—critical elements of any IT strategy."
The EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite and EMC VNX Connector for VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite are expected to be generally available in the second half of 2012.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 350,000 customers and 50,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
EMC, FAST and VNX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VMware and VMware vCenter are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the plans for the availability and features of EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite and EMC VNX Connector for VMware vCenter Operations Management and their expected benefits to customers. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) changes to priorities and levels of government spending; (ii) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (iii) priorities, delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the virtualization, cloud computing and storage markets, and new product and marketing initiatives by EMC or VMware competitors; (v) EMC or VMware's customers' ability to develop, and to transition to, new products and computing strategies such as cloud computing and desktop virtualization; (vi) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vii) rapid technological and market changes in virtualization software and platforms for cloud and desktop computing; (viii) changes to product development timelines; (ix) EMC's or VMware's ability to protect its proprietary technology; and (x) EMC's and VMware's ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EMC's and VMware's most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that EMC and VMware may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. EMC and VMware assume no obligation to, and do not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Follow EMC World Online
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook. Like VMware on Facebook here.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012"