EMC Delivers New Solution to Transform Processes for Designing, Building and Operating Complex Plants
Etihad Rail Implements EMC Documentum Engineering Plant and Facilities Management Solution to Accelerate Construction of UAE’s National Railway
- EMC® Documentum® Engineering Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) makes project execution less complicated with repeatable, industry-based solutions
- Rapid deployment for faster and cheaper project delivery and rollout; lower cost of ownership
- Customer Etihad Rail deploys Documentum EPFM for construction of major railway across United Arab Emirates (UAE)
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the availability and initial customer success with the EMC® Documentum® Engineering Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) solution. Documentum EPFM reduces the risk of project shutdown or downtime by providing secure, efficient access to "as built" engineering drawings and related content.
The Documentum EPFM solution was built in response to common challenges faced by energy plants, engineering and construction companies and facilities teams within large enterprises, namely misplacement and/or loss of critical project data, lack of collaboration and content sharing, and high risk due to non-compliance. Documentum EPFM focuses on highly project-centric and repeated processes for managing large numbers of documents and validating bulk imports of documents. It also supports collaboration across multiple parties (employees, clients, partners and regulators).
- Accelerate project execution by optimizing critical business processes with EMC Documentum
- Reduce unplanned downtime by delivering the right content faster
- Lower the risk of Environmental Health Standards (EHS) non-compliance by improving collaboration inside and outside the firewall
- Optimize the plant maintenance process with enterprise content management (ECM) and maintenance systems integration
Built on top of the EMC Documentum platform, the EPFM solution includes easy-to-use configuration options to give users control over content; comprehensive information governance through role-based security, and simple document lifecycle and access control based on business document type.
Etihad Rail was formed to manage the development, construction and operation of the national railway for the United Arab Emirates (UAE), to link the principal centers of population and industry across the region. Whether it is providing safe, reliable journeys for residents, transporting sulphur for exportation, or moving steel and other raw materials, Etihad Rail and its network of clients aim to serve as a symbol of national pride. Looking to gain time-to-market advantage and a comprehensive solution that would enable the company to deliver projects on-time and in scope, Etihad Rail selected the Documentum EPFM solution to optimize key business processes, accelerate project execution and achieve regulatory compliance. The company is working with the EMC Information Intelligence Group Services team on the implementation.
Shadi Malak, Executive Director- Commercial, Etihad Rail
"We have ambitious plans and aggressive timelines to build a crucial national asset. We believe EPFM will play an important role in helping us meet our schedules and deliverables."
Rohit Ghai, Vice President, Products, EMC Information Intelligence Group.
"We're pleased to deliver Documentum EPFM to the market – a rapidly deployable solution to satisfy a common requirement for organizations of all sizes and industries. Etihad Rail will improve the way people and goods move across a wide-spread country, spurring new economic and social activities. Our customers deploy EMC Documentum solutions to literally transform the world around us; we're proud to be associated with such work, as it uniquely demonstrates the power of our solutions."
- Learn more about EMC Documentum EPFM solution
- Read the Documentum EPFM solution overview
- Learn more about EMC Documentum Platform
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network.
About Etihad Rail
Etihad Rail was established in June 2009 under Federal Law no. 2, with a mandate to manage the development, construction and operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network.
The railway network will be built in phases to link the principal centres of population and industry of the UAE, as well as to form a vital part of the planned Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) railway network linking the six countries of the GCC.
Built to international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network will act as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. Once complete, the railway will redefine logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient, sustainable network that will connect all regions of the UAE, and the UAE to its wider GCC neighbouring countries.
Etihad Rail has recently announced a number of contract awards for Stage One including:
- The Civil & Track Works contract was awarded to a consortium comprising Italy’s Saipem, Tecnimont and UAE-based Dodsal Engineering and Construction
- The Project Management Consultant (PMC) contract which was awarded to joint venture Parsons-Aecom
- PCM Strescon Ventures was awarded the contract for the provision of railway sleepers. The Indian-based company will be responsible for the provision of railway sleepers in a purpose-built sleeper manufacturing facility at our rail head
- Electro-Motive Diesel, from North America, was assigned to deliver seven locomotives custom-built for desert conditions by 2012
- CSR Corporation Limited China was appointed to supply 240 covered hopper wagons for the movement of granulated sulphur in the Western Region
For more information, please visit the Etihad Rail website at:www.etihadrail.ae
About Dell EMC
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
David De Jear
EMC and Documentum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.