EMC Extends VNXe Simplicity and Efficiency to Remote or Branch Office Deployments
Configure Five VNXe Systems Per Minute for Remote Monitoring; Manage Over 1,000 Remote VNXe Systems with New Unisphere Remote
- EMC is extending the simplicity and efficiency of its award-winning EMC® VNXe™ unified storage system to remote or branch office deployments with a new feature, Unisphere™ Remote, for EMC Unisphere software for VNXe.
- Customers can configure and add five remote VNXe storage systems per minute to Unisphere Remote, and monitor over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems from a single console.
- The new remote feature for EMC Unisphere is free and available to any VNXe customer, facilitating management of remote VNXe storage system deployments – whether they have a dozen remote systems or a 1,000 or more.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today extended the simplicity of its award-winning EMC VNXe unified storage systems for remote or branch office deployments with a new central monitoring capability for EMC Unisphere software, enabling the simple management of over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems. Unisphere Remote is designed for simplicity, enabling IT generalists monitoring remote sites to simply install at its central facility and monitor their remote VNXe storage. This further extends the management efficiencies of the EMC VNXe, and is designed to manage medium to large scale remote VNXe environments.
It's typical for most remote or branch office deployments to have minimal, if any, storage expertise at remote sites. Unisphere Remote enables users to monitor remote VNXe's from a central location and add five VNXe's per minute to the central monitoring console during initial deployment without any remote, manual intervention.
- Simplicity: Unisphere Remote enables VNXe storage systems in remote or branch office deployments to be monitored from a single console. The new Unisphere feature is available as a free download, delivered as a bundled virtual (VMware) application.
- Efficiency: Centralized management allows users to track over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems in real-time. Storage experts are not required at each remote site. Users can configure and add up-to five remote VNXe’s to the central site in just one minute. Once configured, the central site can monitor the VNXe storage systems to track capacity utilizations, VNXe performance data and other VNXe system alarms/alerts related to health and status, thus facilitating overall management tasks, providing faster response and minimizing errors in remedial actions.
The VNXe is an affordable unified storage platform for smaller businesses and IT generalists. It is designed with application-focused software that's easy to manage, provision, and protect. VNXe and VNX™ unified storage systems dramatically simplify the deployment and management of virtualized applications, including those from Microsoft, Oracle, and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions from VMware and Citrix.
Joe Burke, Vice President of the North American Enterprise Storage, Security, Virtualization and Networking Practices for Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions, a Business Segment of Arrow Electronics Inc.
"The new remote feature of Unisphere software extends the value of the VNXe for our solution providers and their customers. VNXe is already an easy unified storage solution to manage, and this new remote feature extends this simplicity to remote or branch offices. EMC has made an already strong product even better, thereby continuing to enable Arrow ECS to provide best-in-class products for solution providers and their customers."
Eric Herzog, Senior Vice President, Product Marketing and Management, EMC Unified Storage Division
"Designed for the IT generalist, the VNXe series continues to be the world's simplest, efficient and affordable unified storage system in the market. However, many customers seeking a remote or branch office solution require a simple and efficient solution that's easy to manage from a central location, without the assistance of IT staff at the remote or branch location. EMC is solving this need with Unisphere Remote, extending the value of VNXe and Unisphere with no compromise on efficiency or performance."
- White Paper: Storage Usability a Critical Requirement for IT in Small and Medium-sized Businesses and Remote Offices
- Video: Managing Multiple EMC VNXe Systems with EMC Unisphere Remote
- Datasheet: EMC VNXe Series
- Datasheet: EMC Unisphere
- Learn more about EMC VNXe
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, VNXe and VNX are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.