EMC Releases Next Version of EMC SourceOne eDiscovery – Kazeon
Delivering Accelerated Early Case Assessment, Improved Event-Driven Investigations and Cross Border eDiscovery
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's global user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the immediate availability of EMC® SourceOne™ eDiscovery — Kazeon 4.6, an integrated solution that helps corporations, legal service providers, law firms and consultants more efficiently and cost effectively provide eDiscovery, litigation support and other event-driven investigations.
- Predefined and Customized Persona and Role Management: Predefined and customizable personas for IT administrator, legal/investigation liaison, and attorney/lead investigation, help these users accelerate time to deployment, and optimize case and investigation management.
- Any Time, In-Place Investigation: Analyze, preserve and categorize information in-place at any time. Organizations with global operations can preserve and categorize electronically stored information (ESI) before collection to meet event-driven investigations in accordance with ordinances such as the European Privacy Act and Bribery Act.
- Extensive Search and Analytics with Added International Language Support: Conduct ECA with extensive searching, analytics and first-pass review in French, Italian, German, Spanish, as well as English and Unicode.
- Expanded Repository Connector Enhancements: Robust integration for EMC SourceOne Email Archive, Documentum, Avamar, IBM Lotus Domino Server, Symantec Enterprise Vault v9, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Exchange 2010 with CAS.
With this release, Kazeon delivers advanced ECA capabilities, simplified eDiscovery and expanded event driven investigations to address today's global Information Governance challenges. The continuous growth and complexity of ESI, combined with the need to rapidly and accurately respond to discovery and investigation requirements, dictate a comprehensive approach to governance for organizations of all sizes.
According to the recent IDC Marketscape report titled, "Worldwide Standalone Early Case Assessment (ECA) Applications 2011 Vendor Analysis," more corporate litigants will look to advances in analytics and business process technologies to realize process efficiencies and enhance eDiscovery strategy response planning as the average corpus sizes per matter continue to grow. As part of the report, IDC identified Kazeon as a leader for delivering a comprehensive solution for proactive and reactive eDiscovery, information security and privacy, corporate investigations, regulatory compliance, and data management issues.
Merrill Corporation, a leading provider of technology-enabled services for the financial, health care, real estate, legal and other corporate services, is an early adopter of the new Kazeon solution, and has integrated Kazeon with its suite of litigation support services for customers.
Mark Chardack, Senior Vice President of Operations for E-Discovery, Merrill Corporation
"The issues around cost and complexity of managing eDiscovery and event-driven investigations are becoming more critical every day as electronic data volumes continue to grow. Working with EMC and incorporating SourceOne eDiscovery - Kazeon into Merrill's eDiscovery services offers dramatically reduced costs by pinpointing relevant files and data sources, and eliminating duplicate and unnecessary data. Kazeon's early case assessment capability delivers robust analysis, review and reporting tools to reduce the risk, duration and cost of eDiscovery and investigations. The use of Kazeon aids compliance and information management and provides relevant ESI quickly, accurately and cost-effectively."
Jeff Bettencourt, Vice President and General Manager of Information Governance for the Information Intelligence Group division of EMC
"Responding to event-driven investigations like eDiscovery, eDisclosure, litigation, compliance, and internal or regulatory investigations in a quick, cost effective manner, coupled with various global legal and regulatory standards, requires a need for an integrated eDiscovery solution more than ever before. With the new Kazeon 4.6 release, organizations can effectively manage information and quickly gain visibility and control over the investigation process while balancing complex laws and regulations, controlling costs and reducing overall risk and exposure."
- Learn more about EMC SourceOne eDiscovery - Kazeon.
- Read the Kazeon data sheet
- Learn more about the EMC SourceOne File Intelligence
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm11 conversation on Twitter
- Join the EMC SourceOne communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, EMC SourceOne Insider Blog, and the EMC Community Network
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
David De Jear
EMC, Kazeon, and SourceOne are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.