EMC Accelerates Customers' Journey to the Cloud at VMworld 2011
EMC To Provide Practical Guidance, Demonstrations and Hands-On Lab Showcasing the Unique Benefits of EMC With VMware Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), the number one choice of customers for information infrastructure in VMware virtual and cloud environments according to a recent Wikibon survey, will again provide customers with a unique opportunity to gain practical guidance from vExperts and their peers, view real-time demonstrations and develop skills in a hands-on lab at the VMworld 2011 conference in The Venetian, Las Vegas (Aug. 29 – Sept. 1). At the show EMC will highlight its recently announced broad technology support and the industry's most comprehensive integration with VMware vSphere® 5 and cloud infrastructure suite. The combination of EMC's industry-leading products, solutions and services with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies accelerates the customer journey to the cloud – lowering IT costs and improving business agility.
- Super Session (Tuesday, August 30 at 10:00 AM PT): Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products will deliver a Super Session presentation and 'Live' demonstrations highlighting EMC's shared vision with VMware and EMC's latest technology designed to accelerate the journey to the cloud. The Super Session will conclude with a live episode of 'Chad's World' featuring EMC's Chad Sakac, Vice President of the VMware Alliance.
- EMC Booth (#1101): At the EMC booth, attendees will have the opportunity to discuss best practices, see demonstrations of technology integrations between EMC and VMware solutions as well as meet with EMC executives and subject matter experts to discuss what's on their minds. Featured in the booth will be demonstrations of EMC storage, backup and recovery, virtual desktop infrastructure, security, solutions as well as services to virtualize mission critical applications, analytics and action, and information management features with VMware technologies. In addition every hour will feature a presentation by EMC and VMware's joint customers and subject matter experts.
- EMC Interactive Demo Area (Booth #1001): For customers seeking practical experience for accelerating their journey to the cloud, EMC for the second year has a one-of-a-kind hands-on lab to showcase combined EMC and VMware technologies. Attendees can interact with the latest EMC cloud technologies such as EMC® Atmos® and learn how EMC's portfolio of products including EMC Symmetrix® VMAX™, EMC VNX® family and EMC Isilon® storage platforms integrate with VMware to provide the best visibility and management of the cloud, and understand how to secure, backup and protect their EMC and VMware virtualized and cloud environments with vLabs featuring EMC Avamar®, RSA® and EMC VPLEX®.
- VCE (booth #1121): VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company, a converged infrastructure product and solutions company formed by Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel, will showcase the capabilities of its Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms. Available through a comprehensive ecosystem of partners, Vblock Platforms deliver a complete IT infrastructure that integrates best-of-breed virtualization, networking, compute, storage, security, and management technologies. Todd Pavone, Executive Vice President, Product Development will lead a Super Session to bring to life the efficiencies that Vblock platforms, solutions and services offer as customers move along their journey to the cloud.
- 7 Sessions: EMC executives and technical speakers joined by VMware and customers will address attendees at seven sessions and panel discussions. EMC customers will share their real experiences and provide practical guidance on how EMC and VMware accelerate their journey to the cloud.
- Second Annual "EMC Journey to the Cloud" awards: Five customers and partners will be honored as the winners of the "EMC Journey to the Cloud" awards based on award submissions and judged by a panel of experts to highlight excellence in innovation, value and performance.
- EMC Video Cube: Throughout the event, the EMC Video Cube will keep attendees visiting the EMC booth informed with multiple displays and broadcast interviews and videos from customers, EMC executives and partners as well as industry analysts.
"Since our data center is over 98% virtualized including Microsoft Exchange, we chose an EMC solution because of its broad and deep integration with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions and because after we compared it against the competition, it was also the most cost-effective and reliable solution available. With features like EMC PowerPath/VE we've realized the high-availability and performance we wanted for our mission-critical applications. Additionally, with all of the EMC plug-ins for VMware vCenter including the one for PowerPath/VE, our VMware administrators are able to more efficiently manage the VMware vSphere cluster, virtual machines, and storage all from a single management console which is critical to gain business agility."
Christopher Apostolof, Storage and Virtualization Engineer, Cosmopolitan Hotel Las Vegas
"EMC's pervasive integration with VMware vSphere® 5 and cloud infrastructure suite accelerates customers' journey to the cloud and has made it the number one choice of customers for their VMware environment. Next week, we'll once again provide thousands of attendees with the opportunity to learn from the experiences of their peers, get hands-on instruction and advice from technical experts and also recognize those exceptional customers and partners who are driving innovation and success in virtualization."
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, EMC
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Atmos, Symmetrix, VMAX, VNX, Isilon, Avamar, RSA and VPLEX are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
VMware and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.