EMC News: EMC World 2011 Kicks off Live in Vegas and Online
- EMC welcomes more than 10,000 attendees to EMC® World 2011 at The Venetian in Las Vegas with the theme of “Cloud Meets Big Data.”
- Virtual “Exclusive Access” pass available via Facebook provides online access to keynotes and super sessions; live news updates provided via Twitter.
- EMC Chairman and CEO Joe Tucci kicks off four-day event with keynote highlighting how Cloud computing and Big Data are transforming IT.
- More than 500 educational sessions, 100 hands-on labs and exhibits by 100 leading IT companies.
- Momentum Conference, Data Scientist Summit, Big Data Storage Summit and CIO Summit all taking place at EMC World.
EMCWORLD 2011—LAS VEGAS—May 9, 2011— EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today kicked off its 11th annual EMC World Conference, with more than 10,000 attendees gathered at The Venetian in Las Vegas and thousands more participating online through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media outlets.
In his opening keynote, Joe Tucci, EMC’s Chairman, President and CEO will highlight the transformational opportunities presented by private, public and hybrid cloud computing and Big Data. These major trends are transforming the way businesses manage and extract value from their most important asset – information. Mr. Tucci’s keynote, and other major presentations from EMC executives and industry leaders each day will be available exclusively online to EMC’s fans on Facebook.
Throughout EMC World, EMC will launch a range of new products, relationships and strategic directions specifically geared toward helping customers accelerate their journey to cloud computing capitalize on the Big Data opportunity and, ultimately, drive action from insight. Continuous EMC World news and event updates will be available at http://twitter.com/emcworld and http://twitter.com/emccorp as well as at www.emc.com/emcworld2011.
- Keynotes each day from executives and industry leaders from EMC and VMware. Full list of presentations: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- A dynamic EMC World Facebook tab provides exclusive online access to keynotes and super sessions each day.
- More than 500 educational sessions and 100 hands-on labs, including the 200-seat vSpecialists’ Hands-on Lab (Hall C, Level 2), featuring over a dozen different EMC products. All sessions will be available via the EMC World On Demand portal beginning next week.
- Social City, the EMC World Bloggers Lounge, hosting Meetups each day with technologists and experts live and on the EMC Community Network. More than 70 bloggers will provide continuous updates from the conference.
- Live web TV interviews with executives, partners, technologists and others each day on The Cube hosted by Silicon Angle and Wikibon.
- The Momentum Conference, with 600 attendees getting insight into content management best-practices.
- Later this week, EMC World is the site of the first Data Scientist Summit, CIO Summit and Big Data Storage Summit bringing together executives, technologists, experts and customers to share and explore the latest ideas and technologies changing business and society.
- Teams of middle and high school students from Nevada, California, Washington and Maryland competing in the EMC World VEX Robotics Competition using innovative robots they designed and built.
To track the latest EMC World 2011 happenings visit www.emc.com/emcworld2011.
Video replays of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions will be available to EMC’s Facebook fans at facebook.com/emccorp shortly after the live presentation.
“Cloud and Big Data are two of the most disruptive technologies to come along in a long time and are trends affecting everyone who works in IT. EMC World is focused on helping attendees accelerate their journey to the cloud and use it to take advantage of the Big Data opportunity – while at the same time accelerating their careers. This year, we’re making it easier than ever for anyone to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge being shared at this conference.”
Jeremy Burton, EMC’s Chief Marketing Officer
EMC World 2011
Joe Tucci, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, Information Infrastructure Products
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
About EMC EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.