New Record Breaking EMC Data Domain Backup Systems 7 Times Faster Than Competition
Data Domain Resets the Bar on Backup Performance, Expands Use Cases for Dedupe Storage
- New Authorized Reseller category enables resellers globally to sell the VNXe series and provides a logical path to attain industry-leading Velocity program status.
- VNXe series makes it easier than ever to attain the minimum training and revenue requirements to join the EMC Velocity Solution Provider Program’s Affiliate tier.
- Free and easy training gets partners up and running in under three hours, making the VNXe accessible to partners of any size, specifically those focused on volume sales.
- Partners have significant services opportunities after completing free QuickStart training to deliver basic VNXe series implementation and support services. QuickStart is a combination of self-paced eLearning and short videos.
- Dedicated EMC demand generation, marketing support and advertising to drive awareness of the VNXe series for partners.
NEW YORK – January 18, 2010 – With the unveiling of the simple, efficient and affordable EMC VNXe series unified storage systems today, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is enabling partner to address the demand for Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) solutions in the SMB market with one easy solution (see separate release). To make the new VNXe series accessible, EMC has created the new Authorized Reseller category to enable partners of any size to easily add the VNXe series into their product portfolio. For partners aspiring to join the EMC Velocity Solution Provider Program, the VNXe series makes it easier than ever to attain the minimum training and revenue requirements of the Affiliate tier to enjoy all the benefits and resources the program offers.
All partners can quickly and cost-effectively get up to speed in under three hours through free training and enjoy the associated benefits of offering leading storage technology from EMC. By completing the time-efficient QuickStart training that combines self-paced eLearning and short videos, partners are authorized to deliver basic implementation and support services to enhance margins. Additionally, the industry-leading Velocity partner program provides the most powerful tools to help partners identify new business opportunities, increase profitability, differentiate their offerings across market segments and provide extensive partner service enablement. Key features of the Authorized Reseller category and Velocity partner program combined with the simplicity and affordability of VNXe include:
- Simplified process managed by distributors for resellers to sell the VNXe with the introduction of the Authorized Reseller category of partners that provides a path to joining the Velocity Solutions Provider Program.
- Entry-level Velocity Affiliate tier makes it easier than ever to join the Velocity partner program and enjoy the associated benefits and rewards to drive profitability.
- Simple and efficient free training to be authorized to sell the VNXe systems in under three hours to take advantage of significant sales opportunities and free QuickStart online training that combines self-paced eLearning and short videos to capture profitable implementation and support services opportunities with the VNXe systems, including providing customers with hardware and software upgrades.
- Dedicated demand generation, marketing support and advertising to drive awareness of the VNXe series and help partners capture the unified storage demand in the SMB market.
- Simple online ordering process enabling partners to easily custom-configure a system to meet their customer’s requirements.
The new channel-optimized VNXe systems are the result of a multi-year development effort and were designed to meet the needs of SMB customers including their preferences for purchasing and deploying new storage technology. With the VNXe series entry price of under $10,000, EMC is for the first time enabling a broad range of new and existing partners to address the SMB unified storage demand with leading technology from EMC. Now EMC partners can easily bundle advanced storage technology into comprehensive, differentiated solutions and services they offer to SMB customers.
See what partners are saying about the new VNXe by clicking on this link.
"EMC has done an excellent job making it easy for volume resellers to deliver implementation and support services without having to invest in deep specialization to join the Velocity Solution Provider Partner program through the entry-level Affiliate tier. The relatively low barrier to entry for the Velocity program, the new simple and affordable VNXe, and the market credibility of EMC makes it very attractive to be part of Velocity. It is a great strategy to empower a new set of partners to reach the vast SMB market, particularly the lower end of that segment,” said Virginia Agee, IDC Research Director for Infrastructure Channels.
EMC Executive Quote:
“EMC has strengthened its channel focus to capture more SMB business, support distribution, and grow its partner base with the new authorization process and Affiliate tier. When you combine EMC’s new channel-optimized VNXe that is priced to deliver attractive margins with the simple processes for partners to be quickly authorized to sell and service the VNXe, our partners are going to be well rewarded,” said Gregg Ambulos, Vice President, Global Channel Operations and Americas Channel Sales.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.