EMC and VMware Lead Customers on Journey to the Private Cloud
VMworld 2010 Preview: Providing Customers With Practical Guidance, Demonstrations and Hands-On Lab to Experience the Benefits of EMC With VMware
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), the number one information infrastructure choice for VMware, will provide customers with a unique opportunity to gain practical guidance from vExperts and their peers, view real-time demonstrations and develop skills in a hands-on lab at the VMworld 2010 conference in San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center (Aug. 30 – Sept. 2). The unique combination of EMC information infrastructure products and services with VMware accelerates the customer journey to the private cloud – lowering IT costs and improving business agility.
- More than 20 Sessions: EMC executives and technical speakers joined by VMware, will address attendees at more than 20 sessions and panel discussions. EMC customers will share their real experiences and provide practical guidance on how EMC and VMware are helping them on their journey to the private cloud.
- EMC Booth (#1001): Every hour, EMC and VMware's joint customers will be presenting. Also featured will be a wide range of EMC and VMware integrated technology demonstrations.
- Super Session (Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 2:00 pm PT):Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products, and Chad Sakac, Vice President of the VMware Alliance at EMC, will deliver a Super Session presentation and demonstration highlighting new technologies to be announced at the event, why EMC is the number one choice for VMware environments and previewing upcoming application cloud and virtual storage technologies designed to move assets seamlessly in and out of the cloud.
- One-of-a-Kind EMC Hands-On Lab (booth# 1107): For customers seeking practical experience for the journey to the private cloud, EMC has added a one-of-a-kind hands-on lab to showcase combined EMC and VMware technologies. Attendees will learn from vExperts how to better manage storage and protect their data with EMC's VMware vCenter Plugins, use data deduplication to optimize backup and recovery with EMC® Avamar®, deploy key technologies such as EMC VPLEX™ for distance vMotion, monitor virtual data centers with RSA enVision, and discover how VAAI improves vSphere 4.1 storage operations.
- Unique EMC Velocity² Partner Pavilion (booth # 1201): EMC's Velocity² partners are critical to solving customers' needs and will be showcasing integrated and customized solutions using EMC and VMware technology.
- VCE (Virtual Computing Environment) Coalition (booth #809): VCE, a collaboration of Cisco, EMC, and VMware, and a VMworld Platinum Sponsor, will showcase the capabilities of its Vblock™ Infrastructure Packages, which deliver a complete IT infrastructure that integrates best-of-breed virtualization, networking, compute, storage, security, and management technologies. Key executives will also participate in a Super Session to bring to life the efficiencies that Vblock offers as customers move along their journey to the private cloud.
- First-Ever "EMC Journey to the Private Cloud" awards: Five customers and partners will be honored as the first winners of the "EMC Journey to the Private Cloud" awards based on award submissions and judged by a panel of experts to highlight excellence in innovation, value and performance.
- EMC Video Cube: Throughout the event, the EMC Video Cube will keep attendees informed with multiple displays and broadcast interviews and videos from customers, EMC executives and partners as well as industry analysts.
"From our standpoint as a leading healthcare institution, EMC and VMware technology are the foundation of our move toward a private cloud infrastructure. This will enable us to more cost effectively and efficiently provide our 2,400 employees and more than 500 physicians with the technology they need to continue giving the highest level of care to our patients. We're also building the first new hospital from the ground up in New York State in over 20 years, which is scheduled to open in 2011. Our virtualized EMC and VMware infrastructure will be the IT foundation for critical applications at this state-of-the-art facility."
S. Shafiq Rab, Vice President and CIO, Orange Regional Medical Center (Middletown, New York)
"West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. improves the safe delivery of pharmaceutical, health care and personal care products globally. To make our business run as smoothly as possible and ensure proper deliveries, we have been integrating VMware and EMC technologies in our data center for several years; and more recently have been able to virtualize our Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment with this solution. We've realized significant benefits from this environment and our virtualized development and test systems. We are exploring virtualizing other tier 1 applications such as SAP to improve our business processes."
James Houston, Senior Director Enterprise Infrastructure Services, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
"Virtualization is the wedge that is being driven into the data center and forcing its re-architecture. The promise of the private cloud is of virtualized resources, better agility, lower costs and the ability for IT to truly run as a service. EMC's extensive integration with VMware has made it the number one choice for customers virtualizing their data center and moving to the private cloud. Next week, we'll provide thousands of attendees with the opportunity to learn from the experiences of their peers, get hands-on instruction and advice from technical experts and also recognize those exceptional customers and partners who are driving innovation and success in virtualization."
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, EMC
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Avamar and VPLEX are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; and (xiv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.