EMC Gains Channel Partner Momentum with EMC SourceOne
Liza S. Goldberg
HOPKINTON, Mass. – April 30, 2010 –EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced increasing momentum for its EMC® SourceOne™ information governance solutions among its channel partners. Introduced in April 2009, EMC SourceOne’s innovative, next-generation architecture was built from the ground up to make it easier for channel partners to sell and implement solutions for their customers. As a result, this has enabled partners to meet customer demand and accelerate their opportunities and profitability in the information governance market.
Demand for information governance solutions is high as organizations seek to manage risks, simplify e-discovery and cut storage costs. EMC’s worldwide Velocity partner community plays a critical role in the go-to-market strategy for EMC SourceOne. The strength of the EMC SourceOne portfolio, the market opportunity for information governance solutions and EMC’s robust Velocity2 Partner Program ensures that channel partners are well-prepared to serve customers.
EMC SourceOne Channel Partner Momentum
- More than 150 resellers and distributors globally are selling and implementing EMC SourceOne.
- Over 60 percent of EMC SourceOne sales in the past year are through channel partners.
- There are over 90 EMC SourceOne certified partner sales engineers and more than 1,300 accredited partner sales and pre-sales representatives.
- Over 700 channel partner representatives have completed EMC SourceOne training.
- Partners are making incremental investments in their own demo centers and capabilities to showcase EMC SourceOne.
To help partners build and maintain successful information governance practices, EMC provides its global channel partners with tools and resources, incentives as well as, sales and marketing programs. Ongoing enhancements to the EMC Velocity2 Partner Program are designed to help partners close more deals quickly, reward partner sales and sales engineers for selling EMC solutions and provide significant opportunities to increase overall partner profitability.
- EMC’s global Velocity2 (VIP) allows participating channel partners to receive rich rewards and generate incremental revenue. The program offers both company and individual rewards for incremental deals that align to EMC SourceOne, in addition to EMC’s information infrastructure solutions.
- Channel partners have access to EMC SourceOne assessment tools to help them conduct initial reviews of their customers’ environment and demonstrate rapid return on investment from EMC SourceOne.
- A deal registration program provides critical alignment, support and trust between partners and EMC. Incremental deal registration offers a set discount off the list price for registering opportunities that are new to EMC.
- Additional discounts are offered to all partners in the Americas who invest in the EMC Technical Architect (EMCTA) curricula as part of the deal registration program. This helps improve partners’ productivity and enables solution providers who invest in this resource to help customers leverage their investment in EMC products such as EMC SourceOne.
- The SourceOne City campaign is an innovative turnkey program that provides channel partners with a co-branded marketing campaign with EMC for cost-effective lead generation. Designed to help partners generate awareness and sales pipeline, SourceOne City is comprehensive yet simple and affordable to roll out. The campaign is available as a managed service and has a low cost of entry.
“EMC’s commitment in building mutually-beneficial channel partner relationships is stronger than ever. Delivering EMC SourceOne and supporting it with comprehensive channel programs are drawing top distributors and resellers worldwide. As we continue to invest in lucrative incentive programs like the Velocity2 Incentive Program and the SourceOne City marketing campaign, EMC will continue to see sustained growth and success with our channel partners.”
- Jay DeWalt, Vice President of Worldwide Channels and Alliances, Content Management and Archiving Division, EMC
“As a Velocity partner for 14 years, we have had a lot of success selling EMC storage solutions. Since EMC SourceOne is part of the Velocity2 Partner Program, we are able to take advantage of EMCTA, deal registration program and incentives. As a result, we have seen an increase in the number of registered deals and sales opportunities. EMC SourceOne also allows us to engage in new customer conversations about file remediation and e-discovery and deliver tremendous value beyond the standard storage refresh service that our competitors bring to the table.”
-Don Aubert, Vice President of Business Operations, AdvizeX
“Fujitsu A/S has been helping organizations manage their growing volume of information for many years. Due to customer demand, we are doing both new EMC SourceOne Email Management installations as well as upgrading more than 100 existing EMC EmailXtender customers. EMC provides the right combination of incentives and resources for partners enabling us to be profitable and grow our business. And since rolling out the SourceOne City marketing campaign in the last 3 months, we have over 30 new EMC SourceOne projects in the pipeline.”
- Michael Søriis, Business Development Manager, Fujitsu A/S
“As an EMC Velocity partner, we are very enthusiastic about the growing number of EMC solutions that we can sell. Extending the benefits of the Velocity⊃2; Partner Program to include EMC SourceOne helps Presidio address the much larger information governance market which is in demand and underpenetrated. With EMC SourceOne, we can help our customers deploy an e-mail environment that leverages a tiered storage infrastructure to reduce operational and e-discovery costs. The ability to combine rebates across the various EMC solutions not only simplifies the program but provides a richer reward.”
- Bob Murphy, North East Division President, Presidio Networked Solutions
- EMC SourceOne is a family of modular, integrated products for archiving, compliance and e-discovery that enables policy-based information management so customers can improve operational efficiency, ensure compliance and mitigate risks.
- The EMC SourceOne portfolio of information governance solutions includes EMC SourceOne Email Management, EMC SourceOne Discovery Manager, EMC SourceOne eDiscovery – Kazeon and EMC SourceOne Email Supervisor. The modularity of EMC SourceOne allows customers of all sizes to start with their most pressing information management challenges and expand over time.
SourceOne Email Management
SourceOne eDiscovery Kazeon
SourceOne Discovery Manager
SourceOne Email Supervisor
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and Kazeon are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation and its subsidiaries. EMC SourceOne is a trademark of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.