EMC My Documentum Family Delivers The Power of Enterprise Content Management to Every Business User
Allows Use of Everyday Desktop Applications to Securely Access, Contribute and Manage Corporate Content
Liza S. Goldberg
ATHENS, Greece, Momentum Europe 2009 – Nov. 10, 2009 –EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced EMC My Documentum®, a family of products that allows everyone in the organization to utilize EMC Documentum enterprise content management (ECM) functionalities directly from common desktop applications and familiar interfaces. With the My Documentum family, all business-critical information is accessible, controlled and archived for governance and compliance requirements without the user having to leave their everyday application.
Today’s business users expect 24/7 access to information however, they do not want to waste time navigating multiple applications or learning a new tool. By providing integrations to common applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows Explorer and Microsoft SharePoint, the My Documentum family extends sophisticated ECM capabilities to every desktop enabling IT organizations to advance knowledge worker adoption and further increase the return on investments of their Documentum solution.
- EMC My Documentum for Outlook allows users to fully leverage Outlook’s native user interface features, menus and toolbars to file, store, find and manage critical e-mails and attachments in the Documentum repository. The newest release of My Documentum for Outlook provides:
- Deeper integration with Outlook menus, toolbars and search and folder structures to reduce the user’s learning curve. Users can simply drag and drop e-mails and attachments into repository folders and then apply properties, permissions, versions and locations directly from the Outlook interface.
- Usability improvements such as support for Outlook rules to automatically import content and a one-step send-and-save operation.
- Offline access to the repository and automatic synchronization of changes once reconnected to the repository.
- EMC My Documentum for SharePoint provides users with seamless, direct access to content that are being managed within a Documentum repository through the SharePoint user interface. Customers can easily configure their SharePoint experience to expose Documentum-specific functionality for virtual documents, lifecycles and renditions as well as leverage advanced search capabilities for Documentum libraries.
- EMC My Documentum for Desktop allows users to access, save, share and secure content in the Documentum repository through Windows Explorer, Apple Macintosh Finder and Microsoft Office programs. The newest release of My Documentum for Desktop provides increased performance and scalability.
- EMC My Documentum Offline is a new lightweight client that allows mobile workers access to the latest versions of content they use most often while disconnected from the Documentum repository. Content may be edited, added, deleted and subscribed while offline and will automatically synchronize upon reconnecting to the repository. My Documentum Offline is fully integrated with Microsoft Windows.
"The EMC My Documentum family blends the convenience and familiarity of desktop applications with the power of Documentum ECM. Business users can work in ways that best suit their needs—whether online or offline—with no training required. Now everyone in the company can reap the benefits of additional security and control that Documentum ECM delivers."
- Whitney Tidmarsh, Chief Marketing Officer, Content Management and Archiving Division, EMC
"One of the reasons why many enterprise content management initiatives fail is that ECM functionality is not well integrated into the business applications that knowledge workers use every day. With the EMC My Documentum family, users get transparent access to content services provided by Documentum. As more workers secure, store and manage content within Documentum, the IT organization can better address its requirements for archiving, retention, governance and compliance."
- Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content and Media Digital Technologies, IDC
"The latest release of My Documentum for Outlook provides a highly-integrated user interface with Microsoft Outlook. Within three weeks, the FDA was able to roll out the solution to half of our users who found it easy to use because they are working through the same Outlook program they're familiar with."
- Timothy Moy, Analyst, Food and Drug Administration
Held November 9-12, 2009 in Athens, Greece, Momentum Europe is the industry’s largest gathering of customers, partners and industry experts in ECM and archiving outside of the Americas. The My Documentum family will be demonstrated during the technical keynote session and throughout the exhibit floor at Momentum Europe. In addition, there will be more than 30 partners showcasing their products and services that integrate and leverage EMC’s market-leading content management and archiving solutions.
For up-to-the minute news and event updates on Momentum, please follow EMC on Twitter at http://twitter.com/emc_momentum. Event photos and videos of select executive presentations will be available for viewing in the Momentum Europe 2009 newsroom.
My Documentum for Outlook
My Documentum for Desktop
My Documentum Offline
Whitney Tidmarsh, Chief Marketing Officer, EMC Content Management and Archiving Division
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and Documentum are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.