New EMC Services and Solutions Drive Private Cloud Acceleration
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – September 2, 2009 – EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced a breakthrough approach to speeding the transition to private cloud with a suite of more than 30 new services and solutions. The comprehensive approach EMC takes to address the application, infrastructure and governance issues that impact execution of a private cloud strategy is reflected in the broad portfolio of end-to-end services and solutions that enable customers to accelerate enterprise-scale virtualization. As a leading VMware professional services provider, EMC Global Services has expertise in delivering virtualized information infrastructures in the data center, the first step on the journey to realizing the benefits of private cloud.
The new services and solutionsencompassing consulting, technology integration, resident, and education services offerings, along with a full suite of EMC Proven™ Solutionsare critical to helping customers address the challenges they face when planning, implementing and scaling their private cloud environment, inclusive of backup and recovery, business continuity, disaster recovery, management, and the transition of tier 1 applications to the virtual infrastructure.
- As a premier partner in the VMware Partner Network with hundreds of VMware Certified Professionals, and a VMware Authorized Training Center (VATC), EMC is helping customers speed their transition to private cloud environments.
- EMC Consulting services provide expertise in developing strategies, business cases and roadmaps to effectively transform information infrastructures to achieve the benefits of a private cloud. Customers have experienced savings of up to 45 percent over traditional data center approaches using EMC Consulting private cloud methodologies combined with leading EMC, Cisco and VMware technology.
- EMC’s approach rationalizes applications against business requirements, develops strategies for virtualizing applications, and aids customers in managing their transformational journey to a private cloud.
- EMC offers a full range of new Private Cloud Acceleration Services to efficiently plan, deploy, manage and operate a secure virtualized environment with tier 1 applications. These services also help customers develop the skills and knowledge required to manage a private cloud environment or augment IT staff.
- New EMC Ionix™ IT management services help ease customers transition to a private cloud by leveraging ITIL and ITSM frameworks for both physical and virtual environments. The services help maximize overall effectiveness by automating procedures based on best practices using EMC Ionix virtualized data center management software.
- EMC Proven Solutions minimize risk by providing reference architectures and documented best practices for deploying technology to virtualize the data center. Using validated combinations of EMC, VMware and 3rd party technologies, these Proven Solutions enable customers to reduce virtual infrastructure configuration time by more than 65 percent and deployment time by as much as 50 percent; reduce email archiving volumes for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 by more than 85 percent; enable full-scale disaster recovery rehearsal without interruption to SAP production data; and reduce CPU cycles and improve resource efficiency for Oracle in virtual environments.
“Companies are rapidly evolving their data centers to achieve the benefits of private cloud. To achieve maximum return on their investments, they need to lay a stable architectural foundation across the infrastructure. EMC accelerates the adoption of a private cloud model by helping its customers plan, design, implement and manage their evolution to the private cloud.”
- Mark Bowker, Analyst, Enterprise Storage Group
“Private clouds can lower costs and increase business flexibility, but organizations need to think carefully about rationalizing their application portfolio to determine the best candidates for a cloud model. We advise clients to lower their risks and speed time to deployment by leveraging proven reference architectures from experienced services organizations such as EMC.”
- Dave Vellante, Co-founder, Wikibon
“Customers are ready to take advantage of the financial efficiencies–both capital and operational–and the increased agility that private cloud provides. The transformation is multifaceted with significant impact across information infrastructure and applications and the journey to private cloud represents a foundational change in how IT organizations architect, operate and deliver services to their customers. Today EMC offers a suite of services to help customers with this transition so they can quickly realize the cost savings, streamlined operational processes and increased flexibility associated with a private cloud.”
- Tom Roloff, Senior Vice President, EMC Consulting
"The last thing CIOs want to do is introduce risk as they transition their current data center to a private cloud. That's why EMC Proven Solutions are so valuable to our customers. EMC performs rigorous solutions testing and documents best practices for achieving enterprise-scale virtualization of mission-critical applications, taking the risk out of the equation. That means we provide customers with predictable results and faster ROI as they deploy technology to virtualize their application infrastructures for Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP.”
- Todd Pavone, Vice President, EMC Global Solutions
EMC Global Services provides the strategic guidance and technology expertise organizations need to address their business and information infrastructure challenges and derive the maximum value from their information assets and investments. With over 13,000 professional- and support-service experts worldwide, plus a global network of alliances and partners, EMC Global Services leverages proven methodologies, industry best practices, experience and a knowledge base derived from EMC’s 30-year information-centric heritage to help customers reduce risk, lower costs and speed time to value.
Senior Vice President,
EMC Global Solutions
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark and EMC Proven and Ionix are trademarks of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
EMC Live Webcast: Accelerating Private Cloud Adoption
Thursday, September 3, 11:00 AM ET
- Clipper Group: Getting the Most out of Virtualization
- ESG: Best Practices for Disaster Recovery of Virtualized Infrastructure
- ESG: Scaling Server Virtualization to the Enterprise
- Forrester: Best Practices - Aligning your Infrastructure and Operations around Virtualization
- Service Overview: EMC Private Cloud Acceleration Services
- Service Overview: EMC Services and Solutions for VMware Environments
- Service Overview: Private Cloud Acceleration Services from EMC Consulting
- Solution Overview: EMC Proven Solutions