EMC Publishes 2008 Sustainability Report
HOPKINTON, Mass. - May 28, 2009
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, announced today the availability of its Sustainability Report, which highlights how EMC and its employees contributed to the sustainability of the company, environment and community in 2008, as well as its program for the future.
Available online, EMC's Sustainability Report explores the company's strategy, achievements and overall progress with regard to the environment, work environment, citizenship, governance and supply chain. In the report, EMC describes how it is:
- Contributing to a cleaner planet by driving energy efficiency and waste reduction in its operations and in the solutions and services it offers, and collaborating with partners to fuel a less resource-intensive economy.
- Developing its talented workforce by promoting innovation, career advancement and employee health and well-being.
- Expanding access to education and information technology by influencing public policy, engaging in education partnerships and research, and helping to preserve the world’s information heritage.
- Operating ethically and with integrity by encouraging good corporate governance and industry-leading practices for information privacy in EMC's operations and products.
- Incorporating environmental and sustainability principles in its supply chain management to further social responsibility, security and supplier diversity.
"Our customers and shareholders want to know how we balance our financial success, the health of the environment, and the well-being of people," said Kathrin Winkler, EMC's Senior Director, Corporate Sustainability. "Our employees around the world have embraced sustainability to guide the way we design and develop our products, run our business, invest in and interact with our local communities, work with our suppliers and customers, and engage and develop our employees. While we still have plenty of work to do, I am truly proud of what we have achieved to date and look forward to continuing our sustainable course for the 21st century."
For a copy of EMC's Sustainability Report, please visit: http://www.emc.com/corporate/sustainability/sustainability-reports.htm.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.