EMC Announces New Physical Security Services
Collaboration with Verint Systems Inc. Delivers Open Architecture, Centralized Management and Cost-effective Scalability in a Comprehensive Security Solution
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced new professional services for Physical Security Solutions, which will enable customers to take full advantage of industry-leading information management capabilities for the physical security markets. EMC is offering comprehensive assessment and design services, and is partnering with Verint Systems, a leader in IP Video Security, to implement scalable, flexible and cost-effective physical security solutions.
An increased focus on security is prompting enterprises and government agencies around the world to expand their use of video surveillance and other physical security technologies. The vast amount of data created by these systems is challenging information managers to effectively capture, analyze and store security data. EMC Physical Security Solutions integrate physical security information from a wide range of data sources and help automate the analysis and management of the information. Customers in retail, financial services, gaming, transportation, seaports/airports, correctional facilities, government, education, critical infrastructure, and border control use EMC's best-practices solutions for real-time access to critical information, enabling them to proactively protect critical assets.
The new services are:
- EMC Assessment for Physical Security: EMC and its partners, including Verint, Unisys, British Telecom, Orion Systems Group, and DMJM H&N│AECOM, identify customers' technology, business and physical security requirements, analyze the data, identify challenges and obstacles, and present recommendations. EMC and its partners also assess and identify findings regarding items such as cameras, alarms, video archiving, encoders, video software and network services
- EMC Design for Physical Security: Allows EMC and its partners to gather the information collected in the assessment service and provide a complete design of the customer's physical security environment to include any connectivity to other systems such as access control devices, alarms, cameras and sensors
- EMC Implementation for Physical Security: Incorporates Verint IP video technologies with the implementation of an EMC CLARiiON-based storage solution. EMC and its partners will install the solution, including cameras and other security devices. EMC manages the process and ensures the solution will be turn key for the customer
EMC and Verint have been working with the Kentucky Exposition Center to implement these solutions. "As one of the largest exposition facilities in the United States, we have an enormous security challenge, and needed a solution that was very flexible, scalable, and easy for our security team to learn and to use," said Alicia Montgomery Dunlap, Information Systems Manager, Kentucky State Fair Board. "Despite the challenge of installing the system around our busy event schedule, the EMC team got everything integrated and running smoothly in a very limited timeframe. The system is very intuitive to use and has really increased our ability to provide a safe and secure environment for our visitors."
With EMC's Physical Security Solution and Verint's Nextiva IP video software platform, customers can:
- Integrate a full range of physical security systems and networked IT solutions
- Cost-effectively scale the solution as security requirements evolve
- Quickly and easily provide authentic, tamper-proof video data for use in criminal investigations
- Monitor and manage video surveillance data and analyze security incidents in real time, from any location, using a secure web browser
- Leverage enterprise-class EMC storage systems, information and content management software, and best-practices solutions
- Manage data growth with powerful policy-based storage management capabilities from within the Verint Nextiva video management platform
- Integrate with existing CCTV systems to provide compliant archiving capabilities when transitioning to IP-based solutions
"Security experts are overwhelmed with large amounts of data and information to analyze and act on. Enterprises and government agencies around the world can now harness innovative analytical technologies for leveraging video to enhance both security and operational performance," said Todd Pavone, Vice President, EMC Global Solutions. "EMC's expertise in storage, security and information management is tailor-made for these physical security solutions. EMC's new services, in conjunction with EMC's and Verint's technologies, help customers manage everything in one place to make better decisions and provide comprehensive security across the entire organization whether it is infrastructure or its physical assets."
"By partnering with EMC, we are able to combine our open-architecture Nextiva video management platform and expertise in IP video security solutions with EMC's storage and infrastructure management systems and outstanding services capabilities," said Jim Clark, senior vice president and general manager, Verint Video Intelligence Solutions. "Customers are now reaping the benefits of our collaboration with highly effective and tightly integrated security and enterprise solutions."
The new services are available worldwide.
About Dell EMC
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.